Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Record Trial, Flint MI, Oct 5 & 6.

I wish everyone a great SAW event. I will be there for the spring SAW.
    Mike
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Only one electric record was set at the event.

I built a boat in two days last weekend and brought it to Flint untested (Not just by me, it's a hull that is untested by anyone, and I modified the bottom before ever running it). On it's maiden run, it went 88mph, beating the former T-cat record of 78mph. With a few changes I was able to get in a pass of 100.8mph (I'm not sure what the average ended up being). Suffice it to say that I was please with the results on this build!

This was a cat that I didn't reinforce the way I would have liked to. Because of the 25lb. IMPBA weight limit, I had to omit everything that I possibly could to make it light enough to legally compete. For this reason I didn't push any harder. I would have liked to set the record a little higher than that, but I didn't feel comfortable going any faster than 100mph with a boat that likely wouldn't escape a hard crash without damage.

The winning combo:
    55" Amos hull
    Lehner
    Swordfish
    Click drives
    Dasboata props

Great for you Keith.... I wish I could have been there but I will be in the spring.
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Glad you got the record and glad that's all the faster you went !!!!!!!

Congrats Keith. Nicely Done!! Any other records fall (FE or other)??

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Glad you got the record and glad that's all the faster you went !!!!!!!
    I could have went faster for sure, but why scare off the competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Congrats Keith. Nicely Done!! Any other records fall (FE or other)??
    I think Kevin Sheren set a record in twin gas mono but I'm not sure what it was.
    I was under the impression that there wasn't an established record in this class, so it would be whatever Kevin managed to run...I'm not sure what that was though. Whatever it was it was a great looking boat for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Only one electric record was set at the event.

I built a boat in two days last weekend and brought it to Flint untested (Not just by me, it's a hull that is untested by anyone, and I modified the bottom before ever running it). On it's maiden run, it went 88mph, beating the former T-cat record of 78mph. With a few changes I was able to get in a pass of 100.8mph (I'm not sure what the average ended up being). Suffice it to say that I was please with the results on this build!

The winning combo:
    55" Amos hull
    Lehner
    Swordfish
    Click drives
    Dasboata props
    Great job Keith, you caught the pass

I use Dasboata for my props as well, excellent quality and fast turnaround on all my orders.

THANK YOU GUYS we appreciate the loyalty and we are alway striving for newer and better ways of doing things , and making faster props, it's you guys right here that do our testing and give us the feedback we need to make even a better prop a big thank you to both Keith and Boyd !!!

Congratulations Keith!

Another Dasboata fan
    Chris is the man!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support!
    I didn't set the world on fire at this one but I was happy with my runs, especially while having a fresh build with a questionable hull design.
    Thanks to all the guys that made it happen. Terry Keely and the F.A.S.T. guys are definitely an asset to the IMBA organization, thanks for your work guys!

Another good event for the FAST gang at Thread Lake, unfortunately conditions weren't great but they were good enough for a few fast passes and a couple of records submitted.

Past IMPBA President and current Vice Kevin Sheren opened the books on TLSG mono SAW and oval with a speed of 57.237 mph and time of 28.222 sec. respectively. Kevin ran an MTC hull powered by a Suicidal Zenoah inline twin. Kevin and wife Shannon also cooked up a ton of their famous "Sloppy Joe's" for the whole gang, thanks again!

Keith Kirchen set the T Catamaran SAW on the maiden voyage of his AMOS twin Cat, later upping it to an average of 98.858 mph with a best pass of 100.806. Good job Keith!

Father Doug and sons Dave and Matt Murany had several fast runs testing out equipment for next year. All the work these guys did in the Spring really paid off as our area was dry and our lane way safe even after heavy rains on Sunday. Thanks again guys!

FAST member Mark Stein has his Mutt SP40 working better than ever and would have had a good shot at the long-standing oval but we ran out of time after the rain on Sunday, next year Mark.

Got a few pics up here:

http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbnails.php?album=1177

Keith Kirchen's T Cat:

Thanks for posting Terry. Here's the second run after getting the maiden out of the way. This one is around 100:

Seems the photo gallery was locked, got it fixed now, check out the photo of Kevin & Bob!

http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbnails.php?album=1177

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12