Thread: My set up so far

Default My set up so far

I am about to hit the purchase button on my order from OSE. I am running my boats ( Impulse 31 V2 and Black Jack29 ) with two 3 cell Gens ace 40c lipo's connected in series for a total of 6 cells. I have ordered the Proboat 1500kv motors from my LHS. From OSE I have orderd two Sea king 180 amp esc's , and two sharpened and balanced Octura M445 props as well as some 5.5 mm bullet connectors. I am hoping that this set up will work well and should cut down on any heat related issues. Will there be a problem soldering the stock motor wires to the 5.5 bullets, I have a good soldering station and was just wondering the best way to do the job, should I fold the wire perhaps. Any advise would be appreciated with this as well as my choice in props.Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by spanky17; 09-06-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: add info

Hello Mike

i doubt if the 1500 proboat motor is capable of turning that 45mm prop on 6s ,could work cause it's a m-prop ,but i would be carefull the first time and check the temps
    would have bought something with a longer can : 3674 type

not to worry, I'm running that same setup and its just warm not hot. try and avoid drag starts, let the boat get on plane and then hit it,but you should always check your temps after about two laps just to make sure everything is good ie, your cooling ect.if the boats running to wet this will also cuse the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by iop65 View Post
    Hello Mike

i doubt if the 1500 proboat motor is capable of turning that 45mm prop on 6s ,could work cause it's a m-prop ,but i would be carefull the first time and check the temps
    would have bought something with a longer can : 3674 type
    Hi iop65 the motors that I ordered were the original Proboat ones (prb3310) not the dynamite units. The size of the can according to the Proboat website specs is 36 x 74 .

Quote Originally Posted by G-UNIT View Post
    not to worry, I'm running that same setup and its just warm not hot. try and avoid drag starts, let the boat get on plane and then hit it,but you should always check your temps after about two laps just to make sure everything is good ie, your cooling ect.if the boats running to wet this will also cuse the heat.
    Thanks G-UNIT, I will definitely be checking temps. I've never trimmed out a boat before so that part should be interesting, it's all a learning game and for me that's half the fun.

Just make one adjustment at a time so you know what it doing, ie if your running to dry, try and move your batterys foward a bit or bend down your trim tabs down a bit and retest. have fun.

total lenght is 74 mm ,that is including the shaft!

i would bought a 3674 motor so with a74mm can,big difference
    Last edited by iop65; 09-08-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-UNIT View Post
    try and avoid drag starts Best information ever!
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Youre going to want to upgrade the flex shafts in the boats. I run an ose impulse 31 hd flex cable in my revolt 30 with a leo 3674 and 445/545 props. The stock units couldnt handle the power and traction of the props.

Quote Originally Posted by iop65 View Post
    total lenght is 74 mm ,that is including the shaft!

i would bought a 3674 motor so with a74mm can,big difference
    I didn't realize that, thanks for letting me know. I will run the 1500kv and take it easy with the starts as was stated here, if I run into problems then I will order the Leo motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    Youre going to want to upgrade the flex shafts in the boats. I run an ose impulse 31 hd flex cable in my revolt 30 with a leo 3674 and 445/545 props. The stock units couldnt handle the power and traction of the props.
    Will the 1500kv motor turn the HD shaft or would the OSE replacement unit be a better choice.

I sure do appreciate all the advise from you folks, now I just have to come up with some sort of recovery system. I was looking at an inflatable raft but it was only rated for 250lbs, im 235lbs so that might be pushing the limit a bit.