Thread: Mystic rebuild..

Default Mystic rebuild..

I know this isn't a Q&A but didn't know if I should post it here or boat builds- I just purchased a well used and abused Mystic off a member here to add to my fleet. The hull has been damaged and sort of repaired, one battery tray was replaced with a flat piece of ply and all the interior wood was pretty nasty and moldy so I decided to just gut it and start over :). I laser cut battery trays based on ones I already designed for my daytona and all new wood for the motor mount/radio tray assembly- my eyeballs were popping out by the time I measured and drew up all of it to cut lol. Anyway, here are some pics of the boat gutted and the laser cut parts I made to put it back together with!

**I am aware the "radio tray" is backwards in the comparison pic, it was just mocked up to test fit it all and was put together correctly when glued :).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some more pics..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good,
    I like that laser cutter.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Looking good.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    Looking good,
    I like that laser cutter.
    Me too :). The software that came with it is kind of buggy/glitchy but it works OK once you learn to work around the issues. Would be much better if I could use a different driver for it.