Thread: Got my stock Impulse V2 up to 115 KPH / 72 MPH

Default Got my stock Impulse V2 up to 115 KPH / 72 MPH

Mind you it was in the back seat of my truck heading on down the highway returning home from the hobby store . When I bought the boat I also purchased 2 Gens Ace 5000 Mah 40c 3 cell lipos for it . After reading all about the 6 cell issues in these forums I decided to remove the 1800 kv motors and order in the 1500kv motors from Proboat. I will try the stock ESC but change out the connectors to larger ones. can I use 5.5 bullets with the small motor wire that comes with the 1500kv motor. I am not sure about the prop though, can I use the stock prop or can I go one size larger with this set up. I also have the Black Jack 29 and will be changing the motor in that as well. I am going to make a recovery boat over the winter and possibly an air boat as well and will use the stock 1800kv motors in those with a 4 cell set up, I have a few NiMH 3000 Mah 7 cell batteries that I would like to use if it is possible with the 1800kv. To make a long story even longer will I be ok with 6 cell 1500kv motor, stock esc and prop ? Anything else I should do, im all ears/eyes. .......Mike

1500KV With 6s is ok but The esc won't handle that voltage, go with t180a esc and you should be fine.
    try running a m445 or m545 and you should see some good speeds.

Thanks for the prop info G-UNIT im a little bit lost when it comes to prop matters, but learning a bit every day.

Hi Spanky17,
    I like your thread title- made me look!

I have a setup/running guide for that boat that has a lot of good info including on props as well, if you PM me your email address I can send it to you (word.doc).
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
    Hi Spanky17,
    I like your thread title- made me look!

I have a setup/running guide for that boat that has a lot of good info including on props as well, if you PM me your email address I can send it to you (word.doc).
    Chief
    PM sent, thank you for the help. I can sure use it.

I would like this guide you guys are speaking of also. If anyone could get it to me, you will be most appreciated..