Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini cat raing micro hydro brushless any tips on these

Default Mini cat raing micro hydro brushless any tips on these

Hi there guys and gals im couple years in to boats and picked up a new mini cat racing hydro boat and im just wondering on set up tips ,,,im having nose dive issues and all electronics are set to factory specs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBIE 31" RICO View Post
    Hi there guys and gals im couple years in to boats and picked up a new mini cat racing hydro boat and im just wondering on set up tips ,,,im having nose dive issues and all electronics are set to factory specs
    Nose Dive---when? These hydros typically do that as you launch them, you need to blip the throttle and the instant the nose goes up give full throttle. In fact I have to do that to many hydros , the UL-1 comes to mind particularly. Once you get the hang of it, it will be no big deal.
    Once it's on plane you should not have this issue, there isn't much room for the battery to be placed in the wrong spot---meaning that you can't be that far off with regard to your COG.
    Hope this helps.

I just picked up one of these and I am loving it. Tlandauer is correct, almost all hydro's you need to blip the throttle sometimes to get it to launch off. Only trouble I have is a little cavitation sometimes but it's an rpm thing so it pretty much comes right out of it. I have put an x435 on mine and she glides very nicely.

Tlandauer thanx for that it is when slow down and try and take off was my first run with it so will try keeping her ontop of the water it way just a rocket compared to my king of shaves p1 ........

sloHD what position to u have your batteryin ? and what type are u running in yours ? when nose was up this thing just flew im liking it so far :)

ps thanx for pics i luv the silver and do u find the bigger water lines help

thanx i like it so far got to run a pack it was just kinda frustrating when kept dipping when slowed down im going to do as u guy say next time at lake and just not b a p... on throtle lol

hi thanx for your help ..do u have a ul1 i was looking at those ??

sloHD what position to u have your batteryin ? and what type are u running in yours ? when nose was up this thing just flew im liking it so far :)

ps thanx for pics i luv the silver and do u find the bigger water lines help
    Actually the lines you see are the smaller 3mm ID line from kintec. The bigger 4mm line would not work on the tenshock esc without zip ties or barbs, so I'm just using 3mm ID line for now. I just like the look of the transom rings. :) But the water flow is great no matter what.

I'm using a zippy flightmax 3s 2200mah 25c lipo. It fits nice and snug and doesn't move around, but it's still easy to get in and out.

Below is a quick measurement. Roughly 40mm from the front edge of the canopy opening. Also I have put 20g's of lead in the right sponson to help even out the weight from the lipo.

Oh yea, loving the pink as well! My daughter would love it. Lol

thanx i like it so far got to run a pack it was just kinda frustrating when kept dipping when slowed down im going to do as u guy say next time at lake and just not b a p... on throtle lol
    You only need to do it when the nose dives, when it pops back up, you gun it. Then from there full throttle and do the big twirly!

ya it growing on my guy bought for his wife and was to fast so he told me all about boat till he got here and was hot pink lol ,i tell u tho it was easy to see when driving compared to my white king of shave ... what other boats to u own ??

Nice! I really like that hull! For now I have a mystic29, a brushless miss elam, and the micro hydro, oh and a strx-9 for fun in the pool with my kids.

the miss elam s look nice i have the king of shaves ,micro hydro (pinky) , and am working on my first build a 31" rico mono just trying to decide what system i want to go with and then hit the GO button heres few pics

Hey Newbie. I have to Micro Hydros. One CF and the other fiberglass. These little boat are a blast to run. What I have found to be the best position so it doesn't dive down is I position the electronics to the spec sheet and adjust my battery to where the center of gravity is inline with the motor mount. Also I use 3s 2100/2200 mah 25c lipos and occasionally a 4s 1600mah for a little more excitement.

thanx for help im gona try and hit lake today and try everyones tips and see hw this little beast goes lol ...........did u do any counter wieghts with this set up ??? braka69

Hey NEWBIE 31" RICO. No I didn't do any counter weight but I do plan on installing a turn fin. Some other members same to have pretty good results using one on there's.

what side u recomend putting fin on ??

Right side (starboard)

awsome is there specific fin u guys recomend ?? also if anyone can tell me if there is a flex shaft that can get local at store that works ? or can only get from dealer (minicatracing ) and size props to get has a spartan stock on it now would like to get a metal one

Quote Originally Posted by bracka69 View Post
    Hey NEWBIE 31" RICO. No I didn't do any counter weight but I do plan on installing a turn fin. Some other members same to have pretty good results using one on there's.
    awsome is there specific fin u guys recomend ?? also if anyone can tell me if there is a flex shaft that can get local at store that works ? or can only get from dealer (minicatracing ) and size props to get has a spartan stock on it now would like to get a metal one
    Guys, this hydro runs well w/o the fin IMO because I think mine runs worse with it installed, the reason is that the foot print is extremely small and it is hard to get the bracket perpendicular to the back of the starboard ( right) sponson. Install if you really want, but the impvoement is really not apparent: I have a DF 16" Vortex which runs well with a fin, but it is a larger hull. I have a thread somewhere regarding the install.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...-advice-sorted
    P.S. You might have to bend the fin ever so slightly to have it pointing straight with the hull.

Thanks for the link. Good info. I have no plans on installing a turn fin. I was just answering his question. :) If it would help it turn right I would. Mine definently turns better left.

thanx tlandauer and alls advice awsome help on this site

Quote Originally Posted by SloHD View Post
    Thanks for the link. Good info. I have no plans on installing a turn fin. I was just answering his question. :) If it would help it turn right I would. Mine definently turns better left.
    YES! YES! YES!, where have you been ??? I kept saying this! Everyone says it is supposed to turn right, well, mine turns left on a dime! No, it did not help to turn right better, but I don't care, it is a lot of fun to run this hydro, left turn or right turn! Also, If you keep a big circle, the hull is planted on the water, only in straight line does it dance a bit.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 08-31-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Yep it for sure turns better left.... I just put the turnigy 4800kv in mine. Going to lake in a few to test her out. I'm thinking I won't be able to go full throttle. Hopefully the esc will be ok. Lol

oh wow that gona fly let me no how works out ive ran mine once stock and was inpresed for the few mins i got but now with all help tommarrow gona be good day ...had mine in pool today and think have all my cg issues figured out

I'll try to get a video when I get out there.

what side u recomend putting fin on ??

Right Side.

hey guys went to water today for bit balance is good once i get it goin just glides thanx for ALL (everyones ) help ..........one question tho is it normal for these boats to get tea spoon of water in side when hatch taped really good ???

or do i need thicker flex grease ??

or do i need thicker flex grease ??
    Had the same issue with one of mine. Two ways water got in to mine. One was though the antenna base where the tube goes in. The other one was the screws that hold the rudder/strut to the hull was a little loose so water got in around them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast