Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proud owner of a ProBoat Shockwave 26 V3 brushless...

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post
    that's good that its the battery.get a 3s and the new prop and you should be rockin
    2S for now. Want to get used to the power first before stepping it up to 3S. Brw, I'm still waiting on Steven Vaccaro, the offshore electrics rep to email me when a S&B x640 becomes available.

Decided to do the decals today... Chose blue!

I noticed that the proboat shockwave 26's either came in blue, red, or magenta... I wanted to be UNIQUE so decided to combine the red with the blue so it came out to be something like this:

I also noticed that the rear cover had no red accents to it so I decided to add some in there:

Voila! Here's the final product:

View from another angle:

well, I hope a new 2s will perk that boat up.BTW,boat looks good!

well, I hope a new 2s will perk that boat up.BTW,boat looks good!
    Yeah, I hope I can really see a change on a new 2S.

Thanks for the compliment man!

Looks good,real flashy

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Looks good,real flashy
    Thanks!

UPDATE! Here's a video of my ProBoat Shockwave 26 V3 Brushless on 2S Lipo.

Not as fast as I thought. I really think that it should it be running faster since it's now on 2S... What do you guys think?

Here is another video I found on youtube. If you really look carefully, and compare this video with my video above, you will see that my boat goes pretty much the same speed as the Brushed ProBoat with nimh. Also, my boat does not sound as loud as the brushless boat on 2S. Since my post on #29 found the battery to be the culprit, it's pretty much a dead giveaway that the faulty 2S battery may be causing the slow boat speeds. We'll see how it goes with a newer 2S lipo battery.

Btw, here is a video of a ProBoat Shockwave 26 BRUSHED on 2S Lipo. If you compare the speed of my boat to this video, you will notice that the speed is almost the same.

Conclusion: Since my boat does not sound as loud as the brushless boat on 2S on the second video, this somehow tells me that there is very little juice coming out of the battery to power the ESC and motor. I have to wait for the new 2S lipo pack to arrive to really confirm that the 2S lipo battery is the culprit causing the boat to run at a slower speed than usual.

Will update you guys once I have the the new 2S lipo pack...
    Last edited by Boat_guy; 08-30-2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Added videos to compare speed...

I wouldn't worry too much about it.post a vid when you run your new 2s and see if there is a marginal difference.

I have the same boat btw.

Your video looks good for 2s. Don't compare yours with the second (louder) video because it's a different boat - not the V3.

You could try raising the trim tabs upwards for more speed.

There's a little play in the rudder which is annoying. If you take some plumbers tape and wrap it around the bolt (but not where the thread and nut connect) you can reduce the play... then you can set up the rudder depending how you want the hull to ride on the water.

3s will make a big difference even with the stock prop. 40C will make everything cooler. I have a 30C 3s lipo and the lipo gets to mid 120ish temps.

I run a 42x55 grim prop with a 4400mah 40c 3s and everything is cool. But I've also added another velco strip closer to the motor (you have tons of room) in keeping the boat planted down.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.post a vid when you run your new 2s and see if there is a marginal difference.
    Yeah, I thought about that as well.

I'll definitely post a video when the new 2S has arrived. I really want to compare and see if there is a marginal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 3b3b View Post

Your video looks good for 2s. Don't compare yours with the second (louder) video because it's a different boat - not the V3.

There's a little play in the rudder which is annoying. If you take some plumbers tape and wrap it around the bolt (but not where the thread and nut connect) you can reduce the play... then you can set up the rudder depending how you want the hull to ride on the water.

3s will make a big difference even with the stock prop. 40C will make everything cooler. I have a 30C 3s lipo and the lipo gets to mid 120ish temps.

I run a 42x55 grim prop with a 4400mah 40c 3s and everything is cool. But I've also added another velco strip closer to the motor (you have tons of room) in keeping the boat planted down.
    Really? Does it really runs good on 2S? I thought otherwise. I'll take your advice on the trim tabs wind I wanted to gain more speed.

I also plan to reduce play by applying your method.

Once I get bored with the 2S, I'll might get a 5300 3S 40c. I went from a 2S to a 3S on my stampede 4x4, and all I could say is WOW! Acceleration amd top speed is significantly better!

Thanks fot jthe input man!

Yeah, I thought about that as well.

I'll definitely post a video when the new 2S has arrived. I really want to compare and see if there is a marginal difference.

Really? Does it really run good on 2S? I thought otherwise. I'll take your advice on the trim tabs since I wanted to gain more speed. I also plan to reduce play by applying your method.

Once I get bored with the 2S, I'll might get a 5300 3S 40c. I went from a 2S to a 3S on my stampede 4x4, and all I could say is WOW! Acceleration amd top speed is significantly better!

Thanks for the input man!

I seen some new vids with the shockwave v3 bl on 3s.yes,there is a big difference in speed,so I wouldn't be too disappointed with the boat on 2s.run it and enjoy.

I seen some new vids with the shockwave v3 bl on 3s.yes,there is a big difference in speed,so I wouldn't be too disappointed with the boat on 2s.run it and enjoy.
    Yeah, I also have seen videos of the shockwave v3 BL on 3S. Really fast! Once I get bored with the 2S, I'll might get a 5300 3S.

Still waiting for the new 2S to arrive to compare it with the faulty unit if there are any marginal change.

You check out this video? Unsure if the setup is stock or not.
    http://youtu.be/Nn4wI7x_wGc

not stock,he upgraded to a castle system apparently and in the video,the boat is doing 40mph.

not stock,he upgraded to a castle system apparently and in the video,the boat is doing 40mph.
    +1!

You check out this video? Unsure if the setup is stock or not.
    http://youtu.be/Nn4wI7x_wGc
    Yeah, I saw that video when I did a search on youtube. I read most of his comments and he stated that he has a castle system in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12