Thread: ESC or motor?

Default ESC or motor?

Hey guys
    my ul1 has been stored for 9 months (canada) bought 2 new lipos and tried to get her out. after I plug in the batteries I get the one beep and then squeeze the trigger but no 3 beeps or response from motor . the rudder circuit will \respond and if I switch at reciever I can make rudder respond by throttle so this should verify reciever.. some times when I plug in batteries it will beep 1 every couple of seconds and stops when I hold trigger. The esc end caps show no swelling but I dont know what else it can be other than esc as motor turns by hand. I am still fairly new to this so any help is great as parts up here take for ever and I would like a few runs on these new batteries, if it matters the new batteries are hard case venom 5000 50c

What voltage does the batteries give you?

never actually checked , just trusted charger when it said full

Make sure your throttle channel is set to reverse, then play with your trim till it calibrates

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    Make sure your throttle channel is set to reverse, then play with your trim till it calibrates
    yup

I agree your trim probably is not correct try around 2 o'clock and reverse on throttle channel as the others have suggested and add a lil more trim to see if it arms.

I think I did switch things around but will try again, I do appreciate the help. I took the ESC to a shop and a kid tried it in a car , same thing, steering but no throttle but he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer so I will try what was suggested here than bite the bullit

you guys were right on the money! don't know how things changed but did what was suggested and it works.
    Thank you very much guys