Thread: MG V2 stuffing tube liner

Default MG V2 stuffing tube liner

Hi folks,

Just upgraded my esc and now run 5s in my boat. Since doing this I only get 2 runs in before needing to re-grease the flex shaft. After the second run there is water sprayed everywhere as it has come up the stuffing tube, pull the shaft out and there is not a spec of grease left. The strut is lined up to the tube with no gap. FYI I use the proboat grease, once I have run out I will be switching to a thicker style marine grease as I have used ht bearing grease as an unplanned substitute.

Does this indicate a worn Teflon liner? Or is it just the extra rpm from 5s?

Boat is- miss geico v2. Seaking 180A esc, 5s 50c, x642 and the PB 1500kv 6pole motor on 7.5 timing.

Cheers,

BJ

You don't want the grease too thick-- I've had very good results with the PB grease. If you have the PB grease gun, you can shoot a few squirts right up the stuffing tube before you insert the shaft to build it up.

Chief

PS, nice setup!

I use the proboat grease with good results.

Btw I always lube after every run or two depending on how long my runs are.

Ok too easy, on 4s used to get 4-5 runs and there would still be a heap of grease. Hoping my offset rudder rocks up soon so it's a lot quicker greasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always grease after every run
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180