Thread: "Hunger" Batteries?

Default "Hunger" Batteries?

Searching to buy Five 5S Lipo batteries 45C continuous. . Average price for a named brand battery is $100+. I came across Hunger batteries on ebay. They are 5000mah 50c 100c burst 5S for $59.99 each shipped from China. Anyone used these ? I ordered "bear" batteries a few years ago from china and they worked fine. They are about all I can afford. Anyone know any alternatives that are in my price range ($65 max per battery). I checked hobby kings and they have 4000 mah 40c batteries for that much but I am really looking for 50c 5000's.
    I need the higher c rating because I will be running a 300amp ESC with a 16hp tp 6 pole motor in a 53" geico

Cool

Beware of cheap batteries in large boats. Here is what happened to a couple of club members who tried HK packs in proven 10S setups.

DSC00028.jpg

Jim's Nano Fire 3.jpg
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

that scary. I see a turnigy nano pack there. I thought they were decent? I don't want that to happen in a $1500 boat but I hate to spend $100 a pack. Worries me to spend that much and end up getting a pack with a dead cell or something.

Both boats burned up with Nano packs in setups which were fine with quality cells. I'd not use them in powerful set ups.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Every time a battery thread pops up I gotta see that same pic. You gotta know that thousands of turnigy's all over the world are working perfectly fine. Including mine.. And in high current setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Every time a battery thread pops up I gotta see that same pic. You gotta know that thousands of turnigy's all over the world are working perfectly fine. Including mine.. And in high current setups.
    Ditto...

I bought a few of these. Seem to work fine. If you're gonna buy them off eBay they do have some in the US. The description will say US Stock.

i just bought one of the 4000mah 40c 3s on ebay for 15$ shipped but had to snag it last minute to beat the other bidders, but i will try it in my car first and see how it holds up...

Every time a battery thread pops up I gotta see that same pic.
    No you don't "GOTTA" .

1500 in a rc boat and you don't wanna spend 100 on a quality pack that will give seasons of services . Seems like you went wrong somewhere.
    I would stick to dinogy. TP or hyperion if you are gonna be pulling big power. If you don't have money to buy right the first time you'll have money to do it right the second time. Bought too many things twice in this hobby trying to save money. Just my opinion of course. That being said my 2 2 s 5000 mAh 40c sky lipo I use in series put out very similar numbers to my 2 4 s 2600 mAh 65c dinogy packs in parallel in a p limited cat set up. They were also pretty damn close in price too though.

I get that you're buying 5 packs so a 40 dollar difference means 200 bucks more but is 2-300 worth your boat not performing like you hoped or worse burning to the water line.
    Last edited by TheShaughnessy; 08-18-2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: a

LOL. Come on Doug.. Can I make a post, guy? You sure like giving me crap, don't you? Maybe you should moderate your moderation.

LOL. Come on Doug.. Can I make a post, guy? You sure like giving me crap, don't you? Maybe you should moderate your moderation.
    Some kids require more attention than others.

Might go either way, Personally don't really trust some of the very high C ratings on budget batteries from an unknown brand.
    Being said only a few LIPO manufacturers out there, when you buy quality name brand batteries you are paying extra for matched cells whit a C rating that is probably closer to reality.
    I have some 3 year old enerland 25C 2s packs that outperform 35 and 40C packs from Hobbypartz and HK, drop less voltage under load and run much cooler. At the same time I bought the Enerlands I picked up some Turnigys and gensace, Only the Enerlands are still in use. Turnigies died last year, GensAce died first time out this spring.....
    People have been reporting some good luck with Zippys, going to try a set of 40c 5000mah in my spec boats in the next couple weeks.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

There are big boats out there that run 1P setups like 10s1p, but the boat has 2 motors like for example a cat. Then some people run big monos with setups like 10s2p and run zippy/gens ace/turnigy, no problems at all. Problems arise in 1p setups when the amp draw is high and there isn't a second pack to split the amp draw some of the SAW boats I run with run 12s1p with lehner 3040s, or lehner 2250s these motors put a real hurting on 1p setups and never do these guys skimp on packs.

It sounds like you'll be running 10s2p I think zippy or turnigy packs will be fine. When you put your packs on the charger they should read 3.8, never below. Once you go below 3.8 you can run into issues, cells begin to puff and stuff like that. With batteries you control quite a bit because you charge your packs and everything, when in doubt of making one last pass as the end of the run, bring the boat in its not worth puffing cells.

i know its not in a boat so not hte same amp draw, but i got some of the 3s hungers in my sprint 2 with a castle 1406 5900kv and the thing is a rocket ship. batteries are cool to touch and not puffy.

Beast DNA Nano Tech is another budget pack to consider. I have a few friends using these packs and they are happy with them. The run 8s and 10s set ups in their Fantasms. I use some of their smaller packs in my Fighter Cat Lynx and Micro Hydro and they perform good. I would even vouch to say as good as my Hyperion and Thunder Power packs.