Thread: Anyone do work on the MGs?

Default Anyone do work on the MGs?

I have the Miss Geico 29 but I think it's the V1 version, I'm not sure. I'm wanting to make this thing FAST for just straight running ( seems to cut corners pretty well already ) I have been looking, reading and watching all types of vids and articles! I'm wanting to go to a leopard motor but don't know crap bout anything with this boat?? Any idea what is the best motor/esc combo out there with what prop? Also the cable running from motor to the prop? I will be running 6-8s on it and have the program card already for the stock esc and motor, but will go bigger!! I just want this thing to fly!!!

Ay info is really appreciated!!

Before you do anything else at all, what prop are you running? A sharpened and balanced octura x642 prop will add about 10mph compared to the plastic prop that comes stock on that boat.

Note the stock motor is good on 6S as it is 1500kv, but to use 6S with a fast prop you should upgrade the ESC-- the seaking 180A esc would give you nice headroom.

Frankly, the only reason I'd go with a leopard motor (the 4074 series motor is the one that would fit), is if you wanted to go faster but stay on 4S, as the 4074 comes with a 2200kv option.

RPM= motor kv * voltage
    Target RPMs for reliable runding <35K

So on 6S, use 1500kv (33.3K RPM)
    On 4S use 2200kv (32.5K RPM)

Try to keep the RPMs reasonable and use the amp headroom on the 180 ESC to run larger props-- it should move nicely. x442 would be a good place to start at the 33K point (be sure it is sharpened and balanced, but look up how to do this safely as octura props are made from beryllium copper and dust is very toxic).

If you need a new flex, use .150 size.

Chief

HI Chief,
    I am doing some re-adjustments on my MG, I seem to remember you have a file for setting up that boat, don't know how to get it, do I need to send you my e mail?

Hi,
    Yes I do, it is a Word doc with some large pictures-- send me your email at jqhydro@gmail.com

bye,
    Chief

PS, here's the latest vid of my son's Miss Geico (stock motor/esc, 4S, bluprinted sponsons, x642)

Quote Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
    Hi,
    Yes I do, it is a Word doc with some large pictures-- send me your email at jqhydro@gmail.com

bye,
    Chief

PS, here's the latest vid of my son's Miss Geico (stock motor/esc, 4S, bluprinted sponsons, x642)

Awesome vid.! Thanks, email sent.
    Cheers,
    Tim