Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to all those who like kintec racing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    I am guilty as well for taking too much time. I put in 50-60 hours a week running a hotel. I put a banner on my home page about taking a couple weeks as I seem to be the only one making Spartan drives...which seem to be my main business now...arrgggg, I love to do it but I do not have many parts that I just box up and ship. I turn shafts and couplers out of raw stock. I try to confirm I got the orders but I also get behind fast when I can only push out a few orders every few days. So before I get flamed I thought I would step up and let you all know. Thanks for the business as you WILL get your parts but I also put order in line as I feel this is fair.
    I can attest that Jeff sticks to his word and you will eventually get the parts you order, just might take a while depending on what he has going on....I have ordered quite a few Spartan shafts and all arrive no problem.

Well, being a one man show and not really carrying inventory, it usually takes a couple weeks for customers to get their kits, but I do try to keep them apprised of their order situation. Its tough doing my business on the side and it be super fast turn around. I hope people understand! Mike, www.ml-boatworks.com
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Driftah take a chil pill bro, I have been doing business with Kintec (Jan) for 4 years and never had a problem. My orders are delivered in two to three days after I order them. I live in Ct and OSE (Steve) is in Mass. My orders from Jan always get here faster that OSE. I don't complain they both have day jobs. I just ordered from Jan on Sunday and it was shipped today. I bet I will have it by Wednesday. I think if I was you I would have emailed or called Jan before 20 days, so I guess shame on you for waiting so long. Also why gripe about a guy who is helping our hobby.
    Joe

I really only have a few trusted sources for parts, ose, kintec, and Jeff. Haven't ordered from Jeff in a while but I always get it in a timely manner. For someone working and then trying to help others what could he do better? Nothing he gets me parts that I can't make or find else ware and pretty quick!! (Thanks Jeff). Kintec- never had a problem, had some stuff back ordered that arrived a few days later but again can not complain! Thanks jan!! And last but not least, ose, well what can I say? I'm on Steve's forum thanking him!! On Monday I order parts from kintec and ose, Tuesday I got kintec parts and today (wednesday) I see the ose order is locally out for delivery. I just can't fathom the idea of a complaint!!! Thanks Steve!!!!! Now I live about 1-1/2 hours from kintec but a couple states from ose. I do have to say hats off to our failing postal service. Yea they may be in debt but they do get the mail in a pretty darn good timeframe. Ever think about the logistics of a simple package the US POSTAL service has to deal with? It still amazes me when I think about it, knowing I have a problem just going from my desk to the mailbox!!!!! Sometimes I wonder what people expect, these arnt huge companies that have multiple departments with $100k job positions, it's people more dedicated to our hobby way more than I will ever be and still have other jobs and family and a life too!! For me I'm thankful!! Yea it sucks if something I need takes a few long grueling days to arrive but it's still faster and cheaper than me driving or manufacturing myself!! And if by chance something seamed off I would kindly inquire and be patient for a response. Hell we are all human and very capable of mistakes (most likely why we need parts)

Sorry to vent just hate to hear or see ill communications amongst the few sources dedicated to making my life more fun!!

No problem with Kintec or OSE. They have always delivered to on time. Thank goodness for people like these. I am sure that there will be an occasional mishap, but I am sure with correspondence all can be repaired. Just my thoughts. Just a HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

I needed a UL-1 turn fin and few other items that only Kintec carries, the items came quickly but the UL-1 turn fin was Back Ordered, not only that, I made a mistake and put a quantity of two.
    I e mailed Jan and he asked if I want to cancel or hold one, I told him I am in such a hurry that I will use the one I already have from my UL-1 instead. He e mailed back and reassured me total refund is on the way. Got confirmation from PayPal.
    The whole process took less than 24 hr. and I did not reply to him for a few hours yesterday, talk about fast and courteous service. ( He explained that he is extremely busy that his e mails are short and are not meant to be blunt)
    Anyway, reason that I post again here regarding Kintec is that I have never had to communicate with him regarding any of my orders, and I have always been positive about his service with items that are in stock. I thought I will reflect my positive experience on this kind of situation as well.

Still hasnt made my last purchase right.

Guess its one less place to spend money at now...
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I just placed an order last week. My Paypal was charged but I can't get any response from him if it was shipped or not.

I think I will dispute the charge. I have tried 3 times to get a hold of him. I don't care how busy you are. Bad business is bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    I just placed an order last week. My Paypal was charged but I can't get any response from him if it was shipped or not.

I think I will dispute the charge. I have tried 3 times to get a hold of him. I don't care how busy you are. Bad business is bad business.
    H,

I order from Kintec frequently. Sometimes I get a ship notification, other times the stuff just arrives. Always prompt. Give it a little time. Jan ALWAYS sponsors classes at WW & kicks in drawing prizes.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I regret bringing this thread back, however, if anything needs to be sorted out, like a refund, it is prompt. In my experience with Kintec's practice there is no notification of items being sent, you get yours when it is delivered. I understand this may be frustrating to some people, as someone said above, I am grateful for just having this site to compliment whatever we have here.
    I have no problem not knowing if the items are sent or not: because I know they are being sent, knowing a track number is meaningless unless the item is of considerable value. I am not getting preferential treatment here and I am just reflecting and my positive experience has been consistent.

ive never had any problems with kentec and have ordered many parts there
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post

No communication is Bad Business. No email or Phone? No more ordering. I disputed the charges and received a refund prompt. He obviously checks his email he just chooses not to respond.
    One piece of advice to all you young guys out there. Successful business people are good communicators. MY clients can email me or phone me. I answer or get right back....Oh yeah there is this new thing on my phone called...VOICEMAIL! Never a busy signal. Then again if he doesn't' answer email why answer voice mail? Just another goofy vendor...I'm Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe007 View Post
    My orders are delivered in two to three days after I order them. I live in Ct and OSE (Steve) is in Mass. My orders from Jan always get here faster that OSE.
    Joe
    Are you sure???? I HAVE to disagree a WEEEEEE bit.

You have 3 orders in the last 4 weeks

1st order placed sept 2, shipped 3rd, received 5th : 3 days from the order to the door.
    2nd order placed sept 5, shipped 6th, received 9th : 4 days from the order to the door.
    3rd order placed sept 5, shipped 6th, received 7th : 2 days from the order to the door.

Hope this is a bit of a refresher.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Personally I have no problems with either. Steve is definently faster, and more comforting to order from.

Quote Originally Posted by SloHD View Post
    Personally I have no problems with either. Steve is definently faster, and more comforting to order from.
    I agree totally but I do use kentec occationally with no problems

I've ordered several things from Jan. i have received shipments w/ notes inside with items backordered but fortunately they have never been anything important. I just placed a small order with Kintec Thursday night and received shipping confirmation this am. Like OSE, Ill give them both 5 stars. And both always reply to any emails Ive sent in a timely manner. Sometimes, with any specialty place, one has to just keep the mentality that you are not the only one out there with questions. I run a small construction company and cant believe the amount of calls and emails I get in a 24hr period.. A lot more people seem to be spending on RC boats than remodels so even if it takes them a couple days to get back, I think theyre both doing great.

So thank you to both Kintec and OSE.

I made order 6th march (week ago), was thinking i will get any confirmation to my order after i pay, got nothing, then i started to worry, now found this thread... also no replies to my emails no address, no phone number, I hope those who have good experiece here are right, but i really want to know how long should i wait for shipment. Can someone who know this seller call him and ask for it in my name please?

Regards
    Ernest

Edit: Jan just contacted me, shipment tomorrow :) wow that was fast :)
    Last edited by Maciek74; 03-12-2014 at 08:35 AM.

OSE and Kintec are the two fastest delivering FE suppliers I use that deliver to Canada without overblown shipping charges. According to Paypal I spent $14,000 last year, a couple of the well known guys that supply specialized products took a few months to ship, one took 6 months! It seems everyone can have occasional lapses in communication when they are busy.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Cool

I shop almost exclusively thru Kintec & OSE with no issues

Yeah occasionally I order from Tower Hobbies, Amazon or 1 of my eBay suppliers like Phil's hobby shop for bargain deals or sales, but I wouldn't fret over a week. If you ordered from Kintec, its all good .....

Jan does not do much email don't worry about it it will show up sooner or later...there is a phone number in your paypal details section but hardly ever gets answered so leave a message....

Just my two cents. I have placed 12 orders from Kintec since Dec.1st. They are in Mass and I am in Florida. Every single order was at my door in 3 days and not a single missing part or back ordered item. Get email the following morning after order and tracking lets me know delivery day. Same with OSE as I've made about same amount of orders and always an email with tracking following the order and to my door in 3days. Love both these places. As both places have some items the other does not. I'm just happy to be able to order online and get it with in the same week. We all know ordering over seas can be several weeks to receive.

I just placed an order after I read through all this for over $200. I know it will show up in a timely manner, under 10 says is fine and if it doesn't paypal is there to make sure i don't lose a thing. It's an ideal setup. If I was in a rush for parts I needed yesterday there are other options, places you can pick up the phone and call, pay for premium shipping and considerably more for your parts and get them in a guaranteed time frame (supposedly). Any email I have sent to kintec after a reasonable amount of time has past has been responded to. I don't imagine he will bother to take the time with hotheads though given how busy he is in the first place. He likely doesn't want them a customers either.
    I have fired a few customers over the years to their astonishment, ones spent a good deal of money with me, piece of mind is worth a lot sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    I am guilty as well for taking too much time. I put in 50-60 hours a week running a hotel. I put a banner on my home page about taking a couple weeks as I seem to be the only one making Spartan drives...which seem to be my main business now...arrgggg, I love to do it but I do not have many parts that I just box up and ship. I turn shafts and couplers out of raw stock. I try to confirm I got the orders but I also get behind fast when I can only push out a few orders every few days. So before I get flamed I thought I would step up and let you all know. Thanks for the business as you WILL get your parts but I also put order in line as I feel this is fair.
    I have yet to run a wire drive from you on my Spartan, will eventually place that order! I am just confused on what the heck I need... WEll want! lol

I have never had a bad experience from Kintec, I actually use to prefer Kintec over OSE but that has changed due to my Paypal account being locked (under 18).... I always try and split orders!

5/2/14: Parts ordered from Jeff Wholt, order placed April 17th (Sunday) order shipped 5/2/14 (Friday). He even corrected my order because I may have selected the wrong coupler! Here is the tracking so you can see for yourself: USPS Tracking
    Last edited by Spartanator; 05-02-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

no problems with kintec. also, if there were a delay, i'd take into consideration he's a one man band. but there have not been any delays in any event. he has more credibility with me than op.

Kintec only problems not saying parts r backordered, but shipping no problem. Wohltz is great on info and email responce, but web site needs to be more inviting & user friendly. They also just lagg on shipping, but quality of wire drives is worth the wait.

OSE

Others::::: fun rc boats & Tower hobbies also respectable
    Last edited by arnie84; 04-04-2014 at 12:45 AM.

When inquiring about custom boat offering/options on Kintec's website, Jan responded to my initial email. But has yet to respond to my 2nd & 3rd follow-up emails, leading up to cost/purchase details. And this was over a week ago.

Communication is a required component in business transactions. And a prompt response is always desired between both parties. If that doesn't take place, it says to me that you don't care if we do business or not? Even if you can't deliver for whatever reason, just say so by communicating that to the other party. That would be more acceptable than not responding or communicating at all.

waiting on a slow seller can get aggravating sometimes.
    what irks me more is being overcharged for shipping.
    I just received a package the other day. it was a small bubble
    mailer first class mail that weighed 2oz , I was charged $6.75
    actual shipping would have been around $2.00 add .25 for the
    envelope and .10 for the label give the guy a $1.00 for handling
    and I paid double. that makes me think twice before placing an order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12