Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to all those who like kintec racing!!!!

Default to all those who like kintec racing!!!!

so I placed an order for some things on kintec for a build on july 20th....Paid with paypal then sat back and waited for 20 days only to have this buffoon ship my package just today as I received a paypal shipping notice....Am I off key here or is this not the worst business practice I have ever experienced......so for all you followers of jan catch an earful of anger. I will be spreading this word to all I know in protest of extremely bad business. I had two customers waiting for build parts in this order so Imagine how they will laugh when I finally say Their stuff has shipped. Unfreakinbelievable .....and sad at the same time Im steaming Next time I need something not found on here I will ask steve to bring it in or deal direct if possible.Its not about the money its about getting jammed

Wow, thats nutz :O , thanks for the heads up. I was pondering placing an order with them too......
    Although that is strange, i've never had a problem with them......

Last shipment a month ago took 8 days to Canada....pretty good in my books.

Just staing my case and paypal rec. to prove shenanigans.Buy from them if you will but be warned on poor transactions and zero intent on return business on my part.Paypal is handling it as I speak....Im done.

sounds like your parts was on backorder that's why he took so long to ship........
    Hawaiian Tunda

ummm yeah that's what took 20 days with zero notification or communication, completely unprofessional....I used to manage a huge audio install facility and this is flat out bad service, If I was out of a product the customer was in the loop at all times. Zero excuse. Textbook customer loss

Ive had the backorder issue before but he will usually notify you or answer your email when you send in.

I recently purchased some small items. Shipping hit $11 I asked if he would refund the difference to which he said yes providing it fir in the smaller box. Showed up in the smaller box and no refund.

I sent a reminder email and no refund a week later... So Im going to send another...

Ive really enjoyed buying from Kintec, but when you dont hold up your end of the bargain its pretty crappy.
    42" Osprey, 32" Pursuit, 26" Bling Rocket (rescue), Blizzard Rigger, JAE 21FE rigger, Hobby King rigger (RIP)

I don't support poor business practices, I work my a$$ off at work everyday and am held accountable so why should this ball of phlegm get my money without even at least sending me a message saying...hey sorry for the delay backorder.....I do see the light as he really is just a middleman with minimal stock collecting cash off us by placing orders when we do with him. I will say this though by screwing me he gets this bad press but also my two customers that got jammed in the deal waiting for invisible parts to arrive plus all the people they tell and so on. I too have informed my local hobbyshop who dabbled in boats and had placed orders from there before and had similar issues, and they agreed it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing there anymore....lesson learned the hard way. Now I have to save some face with my builds and fedex some parts to my door overnight to finish yaaaaay

Pissed off or not, name calling reflects poorly on your character, not on the seller's. This is a family site after all.......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

What was your order?

Quote Originally Posted by driftah View Post
    I don't support poor business practices, I work my a$$ off at work everyday and am held accountable so why should this ball of phlegm get my money without even at least sending me a message saying...hey sorry for the delay backorder.....I do see the light as he really is just a middleman with minimal stock collecting cash off us by placing orders when we do with him. I will say this though by screwing me he gets this bad press but also my two customers that got jammed in the deal waiting for invisible parts to arrive plus all the people they tell and so on. I too have informed my local hobbyshop who dabbled in boats and had placed orders from there before and had similar issues, and they agreed it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing there anymore....lesson learned the hard way. Now I have to save some face with my builds and fedex some parts to my door overnight to finish yaaaaay
    While I am familiar with the situation (I've been pretty pissed in the past as well...I don't understand why one wouldn't notify the customer when their order isn't being sent), I think you are off on a couple of issues here...

First, I agree with Fluid. Being more respectful in your post would benefit you. Calling names really minimizes the impact of your statement.

Second, while I'm not validating anyone's business practices, the "collecting cash off of us" part made me laugh. I picture some fat cat sitting back in a leather chair and smoking a cigar while he gets rich off of the trim tabs and rudders that he sells. I have a feeling that you don't have any clue how little the markup is for guys like Jan and Steve. There is a reason that the people in this business still have other jobs. Be upset at his performance if you like, but don't be under the delusion that he is getting rich off of you. These guys are essentially collecting a (very small) commission from helping you out by buying large quantities of parts that would otherwise be unavailable to you.

Ok I retract the name call,I stand by my other statements though as he Is making money otherwise he wouldn't do it,how much is debateable....Im not about to debate this just wanted to state how a random customer was treated.....

Did you by chance look in your spam folder.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I've had that problem with a few venders over the past year (never with OSE btw). Something is out of stock so they just leave you hanging and ship three weeks later without notification or even the decency to respond to an email. I don't know if they are afraid the order will be cancelled and don't want to hassle with a refund or what but the practice is not cool!!

Lol jim,yes I absolutely did especially after 20 days...checked daily as I needed parts badly.whole deal just sux....washin my hands of it.I just find it hilarious that he promptly provided paypal with tracking info when a dispute arose but I never got an answer, meh whatever lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    I've had that problem with a few venders over the past year (never with OSE btw). Something is out of stock so they just leave you hanging and ship three weeks later without notification or even the decency to respond to an email. I don't know if they are afraid the order will be cancelled and don't want to hassle with a refund or what but the practice is not cool!!
    I agree. If it's out of stock, tell me it's out of stock. (as Steven does) You can leave me hanging, but you'll only have that opportunity once.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Ya I wouldnt of cancelled,speculation only even here why it even happened...apology for name call just anger.I will remember this when I need supplies again....and yes agreed ose is the best online boat place imo

It may have been an oversight. I would have emailed Kintec if I were anxious (customers waiting) about an order.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

This is my only gripe with Kintec. It is hard to tell what is or is not in stock. I do however like the custom painted boats!! Since I trust Steve more I'd rather get my boat hulls from him at this time though...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    I agree. If it's out of stock, tell me it's out of stock. (as Steven does) You can leave me hanging, but you'll only have that opportunity once.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Sorry to hear what happened to you. No matter how you look at it, that sucks!! I've had great success with kintec, have had an order held for a few days while waiting for something out of stock (no more than two days) and have had orders sent only to receive out of stock items at another date. I know the email isn't much of a way to get in touch. I just hate to hear about someone's misfortune and anything bad about the few parts suppliers I purchase from.

I ordered some stuff back on June 4th. Most my order showed up, but my pursuit hatch was missing which was apparent by the size of the box. Then I noticed he sent me a 437/3 instead of the 447/3 I ordered. I emailed him about it and he wrote back right away saying its gonna be a while cause they don't like to make just the hatches so the order sits around for a while till someone feels like doing it. 2 months seems like plenty of time to lay up a hatch but idk. I just made my own for the meantime. As for the prop. He said to send it back and he would send the right one out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    I ordered some stuff back on June 4th. Most my order showed up, but my pursuit hatch was missing which was apparent by the size of the box. Then I noticed he sent me a 437/3 instead of the 447/3 I ordered. I emailed him about it and he wrote back right away saying its gonna be a while cause they don't like to make just the hatches so the order sits around for a while till someone feels like doing it. 2 months seems like plenty of time to lay up a hatch but idk. I just made my own for the meantime. As for the prop. He said to send it back and he would send the right one out.
    Wow , i hope he get our big order right , thanks for the headz up .

Quote Originally Posted by driftah View Post
    so I placed an order for some things on kintec for a build on july 20th....Paid with paypal then sat back and waited for 20 days only to have this buffoon ship my package just today as I received a paypal shipping notice....Am I off key here or is this not the worst business practice I have ever experienced......so for all you followers of jan catch an earful of anger. I will be spreading this word to all I know in protest of extremely bad business. I had two customers waiting for build parts in this order so Imagine how they will laugh when I finally say Their stuff has shipped. Unfreakinbelievable .....and sad at the same time Im steaming Next time I need something not found on here I will ask steve to bring it in or deal direct if possible.Its not about the money its about getting jammed
    I believe if there is not a price below the product on his site, its not in stock. It doesn't state not in stock. I've ordered from him often and have never had issues. May be ordering things not in stock. That's one thing his site needs is a notation when something is not in stock. It allows you to order even if not in stock.

if im paying for something it better be in stock otherwise,delist the item or put out of stock.....I didn't pay for a backorder wait for several days.Ose puts quatities avail which is awesome for planning projects and I use this feature all the time.And I bet steve has waaaay less pissed off people because of it.

If you look at it like the following you can understand be frustrated. You go into your LHS and ask for a boat or parts they don't say that will be $$$ take your money then say BTW it's out of stock, after you paid for it. They tell you upfront it's not in stock and usually a time frame to get it in. Because its all done online and no face to face communication there seems to be that lack of service that you expect and deserve. I bought from someone in South Australia but now just buy from OSE, postage is more but product price and service is much better
    What's life if you ain't having fun

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Skidoo View Post
    Wow , i hope he get our big order right , thanks for the headz up .
    We are good to go. Purchased on the 6th of August, shipped on the 8th and arrived today the 13th to Ontario Canada. Just as prompt as our last order before Xmas.

I placed an order with Jan a few weeks ago, but one of the items was wrong. When I sent Jan an email, he replied and told me it would be a couple weeks, before they were back in stock. I sent him another email last week and I received the item today....thanks Jan.

Cheers,

Richard
    HPR 115 - Lenher 2240/7, AS26- 150BL EVO ll esc's 92.3mph

Hatch came today.

On Kintec's site, I have always assumed that if an item is out-of-stock, then there isn't a button for click "add to cart'', am I missing something?!
    I have never had a problem with Jan, because I always thought I could tell which item is O-O-S. I think he is just too busy and assumes that this relatively small group of people would understand the situation. He stopped answering e-mails but again, I didn't expect he should in the first place. Steven here @OSE is an exceptional business man, we are lucky to have this, but just because we are spoiled here, I am not surprised if I get non-OSE treatments else where.
    Anyway, just relating my personal experiences.

I am guilty as well for taking too much time. I put in 50-60 hours a week running a hotel. I put a banner on my home page about taking a couple weeks as I seem to be the only one making Spartan drives...which seem to be my main business now...arrgggg, I love to do it but I do not have many parts that I just box up and ship. I turn shafts and couplers out of raw stock. I try to confirm I got the orders but I also get behind fast when I can only push out a few orders every few days. So before I get flamed I thought I would step up and let you all know. Thanks for the business as you WILL get your parts but I also put order in line as I feel this is fair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast