Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TFL Hobbies "Popeye" Hydro

I know u guys don't run were I do (south fla) but there are some wooden whips down there that abslutly smoked my fe 30 and I am running upper 40's..they must be running 53 or 54 at least as I never took my finger off the throttle at all and came in third by a ways back,.
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

what holds the prop on? never had one like that without prop nut

There is a bullet nut with a set screw....I have been using a piece of silicone tubing.....

i just ordered a .187 flex for this boat prob will trash that set screw system

Is anyone running one of these on the Left Coast yet? California? What do they cost?

Thanks, Allen

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Is anyone running one of these on the Left Coast yet? California? What do they cost?

Thanks, Allen
    I have one but I'm in AZ contact Monica here on the form she will be glad to help with your purchase.

don't be in a hurry to hear from her as china has a week long holiday till about oct 10 or so

Could you please post link to the one you have ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    i just ordered a .187 flex for this boat prob will trash that set screw system
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

well I ordered this in 20 in size will cut to fit....may have to make a new stuffing tube about a inch longer haven't got the boat yet to look it over....http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=ose-1190

What colour is the botom?
    Are you happy with the finish and were you able to run it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Looks nice & stable in the vids. Fills me with confidence.
    I'd been interested in the hull for quite some time & after discussions with May from TFL I ordered one last month.
    I'm glad to say that Monica sent me an email today saying that it has been posted. Unfortunately May has recently left the company.

I had ordered the 'green' version, & they had to manufacture it for me as it wasn't in production at the time. I ordered it without ESC, Motor or prop. But I also ordered one of the TFL 4082 2200kv motors to drop into it. May, Monica & TFL are very accommodating.
    Can't wait for it to arrive.

Here she is ready to post.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, I am leaning towards the green one, but the blue/yellow is nice too. I like the two-tone scheme on the dome compared to the mono silver tone on the green one.
    Think I will pull the trigger in the next day or two. Too good to resist! I wonder if the stickers are covered with clear coat or not. Monica asked me if I want just the plain green or with stickers, that's why I think they are not under clear. I will have to ask her again. She also asked me about the shaft, I don't quite understand what she meant by that...does it mean that we have a choice to have a one-piece shaft vs. the two piece square cable type?
    I will post back when I get more answers from her.

I have a question for you guys, should I get the "standard" two-piece shaft or the one-piece "welded" shaft ( "welded" as per TFL terminology) that is commonly seen here?
    I have a choice as it turns out.
    Thanks for the advice!

GREEN POPEYE.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    What colour is the botom?
    Are you happy with the finish and were you able to run it yet?
    Hi Ray, here is the bottom as same as Paul's Green/ Silver Popeye.
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

Ray.
    Yep. Green as Monica has shown.
    We ran it the last couple of weekends & am very impressed. Even with a home made turn fin. Runs well & turns extremely well. Ran it in some really heavy wind & chop & she was really stable.

tlandauer.
    If you have the choice, get the welded 3/16" shaft. That's how mine came & it is so much better than the two piece set up. I had been discussing the merits of the welded shaft with May from TFL before I ordered mine. They are quick to put suggestions into action.

Monica.
    I see in your avatar that the Arrow is in production. Any info on the production of the 'Fireball' yet. I still need one.

Thank you Monica, I received your link to better pictures. I'm still deciding on what decals I want under the clear.

The silver top one looks like it's modeled after the "Trainer" aka lil' Miss "Block and Head" I'm just not sure if I want the decal Popeye right on the boat or separate after I find more pictures of the real boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Well, well Ray...are we going to have a "threesome" of Popeyes to run next year????

It's a toss up to build my 36" Whip and cut off 2-1/4" or just buy this hull... Still thinking and I'm trying to unload some other stuff as you know first. Maybe....
    Nortavlag Bulc

I'm struggling with this too Ray. I have SOOOOOOOO many boats to get ready over the winter it's almost too much already.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Thank you Monica, I received your link to better pictures. I'm still deciding on what decals I want under the clear.

The silver top one looks like it's modeled after the "Trainer" aka lil' Miss "Block and Head" I'm just not sure if I want the decal Popeye right on the boat or separate after I find more pictures of the real boat.
    I searched too and it seems that is the only one on the web. Learned a lot about these 2.5 litre stock hydro. Interesting different classes among these races .
    I just ordered mine thru Monica with a one piece .187 shaft.
    I think I have got to thin out my fleet!

darn I didn't relize I could have ordered with one piece shaft....wish the decals were on top of the clear coat id rip off the popeye decal first thing
    btw is there really a popeye boat?

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Ray.
    Yep. Green as Monica has shown.
    We ran it the last couple of weekends & am very impressed. Even with a home made turn fin. Runs well & turns extremely well. Ran it in some really heavy wind & chop & she was really stable.

tlandauer.
    If you have the choice, get the welded 3/16" shaft. That's how mine came & it is so much better than the two piece set up. I had been discussing the merits of the welded shaft with May from TFL before I ordered mine. They are quick to put suggestions into action.

Monica.
    I see in your avatar that the Arrow is in production. Any info on the production of the 'Fireball' yet. I still need one.
    Hi Paul,
    Sorry for late answer. About the "Fireball" of our Outrigger, I think it would be the project for next year. Arrow is the Version I, the Mantis and the Fireball would be the Version II? That is our desinger's plan! If I have any of the news about that, I will update to you as soon as I can.
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    darn I didn't relize I could have ordered with one piece shaft....wish the decals were on top of the clear coat id rip off the popeye decal first thing
    btw is there really a popeye boat?
    I accidentally deleted my post, I looked at a ton of pictures and I couldn't find any body racing under the moniker "Popeye". I fell asleep on the keyboard!
    I couldn't decided if I should have the sticker applied and under claer coat.What do you think of them? I need to e mail Monica ASAP if i want them off, right now I left them as they are, I think the green sponson needs some decal. Ray's picture is a two-tone sponson, the bottom is silver as well. Mono green needs a bit contrasts---IMO.

Thanks Monica.

ron1950
    Couldn't find a GP team, but there is an Offshore Popeyes racing team.
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=P...=isch&imgdii=_

I love the Popeye decals. Especially on the green one.
    Spinach Power rocks. Ha! Ha!

That would be cool.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Well, well Ray...are we going to have a "threesome" of Popeyes to run next year????
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

for all you guys who recived your boats already.....in speedpost tracking what does this mean ...Received at Destination Transit Centre

It means that your boat has been lost and will never be seen again!

Pretty sure it means its at a local postal hub somewhere...I had that with my two shipments as well.

how long after that did u recive it at your door?

About 6 months.....usually within 2 days.

You are a fungi !

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    About 6 months.....usually within 2 days.
    Nortavlag Bulc

John did you run 4S2P in your P-Sport version?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast