Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Electric World Championships

Default Fast Electric World Championships

The fast electric world championships are being held in Gent, Belgium starting on Thursday going on for 11 days and concluding next Sunday, I am currently getting prepared to leave for Belgium tonight, it is my first worlds and I am looking forward to it immensely, I doubt I will fare very well on my first go, but I am sure I will learn a lot and have a great time.

Will anyone else on OSE be going?

Good luck to all those attending (even if you're in the same classes as me).

Paul.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

The very best of luck to you Paul. I hope you surprise yourself & run up there with the best of them.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

Knock 'em dead and PLEASE doccument pics and video.
    P.S. tell my Euro budddies I said Hi : )

Had I known about it I may have attended. I want to race abroad net season..

Have a great time. Any world championship level competition is a great experience. Lots of pics!

You'll come home with lots of new friends. I'm still in touch with people I met at the 1998 F5D worlds.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Don't worry the camera is packed already, and I am taking a laptop for extra storage. Expect a huge update in a couple of weeks as I will probably have no internet till then.

so what are you running? and what are your goals? Other than having a good time.
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

That's pretty cool. I wonder how many countries are being represented.

I know Tenshock is participating because I wanted to pick up their SCORDIII mono while I am in Asia and Jim Slaughter was kind enough to get in touch with them. Anyway, they have some new products that they are going to use in the race, so I am keeping my eyes on this event as well.
    On a side note,
    Best of luck to you---Native Paul

I am very interested if anyone in the USA race under the Naviga rule, especially ECO and Mono. But I found nobody in the U.S. race these. Is there any possibility that I can race the worlds from the United States?

NAMBA are Naviga affiliated I believe, even though they don't run any Naviga classes, so if you are a member of them you could come, I know Americans have come in the past.

I am racing Mini Hydro, Hydro1 and Hydro2. My goals are to have fun and to learn new things, though it would be nice if I didn't come last in all my heats. I have never competed against anyone from China or Russia so I have no idea what to expect there, and I hear they take it more seriously than we do in the UK, especially China.

Am I wrong in thinking that Eco is still on the books in Namba? It isnt raced as there are never enough boats in the same place but there has been some interest on OSE so if you all got together at your nats you would have enough and get a race.

I've never seen an Eco heat. I think it's still on the books but I'm not sure how it got there in the first place. Few were running it when it was added. There weren't enough at the 05 nats and that was the biggest FE race in the states to date.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    NAMBA are Naviga affiliated I believe, even though they don't run any Naviga classes, so if you are a member of them you could come, I know Americans have come in the past.

I am racing Mini Hydro, Hydro1 and Hydro2. My goals are to have fun and to learn new things, though it would be nice if I didn't come last in all my heats. I have never competed against anyone from China or Russia so I have no idea what to expect there, and I hear they take it more seriously than we do in the UK, especially China.

Am I wrong in thinking that Eco is still on the books in Namba? It isnt raced as there are never enough boats in the same place but there has been some interest on OSE so if you all got together at your nats you would have enough and get a race.
    Not sure if Eco is still eligable in NAMBA as folks have made a few changes.
    I'm all for having Eco. We need at least ONE international class. Otherwise it makes our sanction undesirable to folks from overseas.
    As it stands an American would have to run something far out of their realm to compete abroad.

I remember when Eco was hot in NAMBA. I saw it run at the 2003 nats and the top drivers in the country all ran it including Doug Twaits
    I myself currently hold the archived ECO record in NAMBA. I have a few eco boats waiting for its revival or to race abroad with. I was sponsored by ToySport for years.
    Last edited by BILL OXIDEAN; 07-31-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    as folks have made a few senseless changes.
    All rule changes are voted on Wilmer. Nobody "made" changes. You, me, and every NAMBA member votes on rule changes. Why do you type nonsense like this? It's one of the reasons I get so frustrated with ya.

Too few people liked it here. Hence, it died. Just like all the N1 classes will die.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    All rule changes are voted on Wilmer. Nobody "made" changes. You, me, and every NAMBA member votes on rule changes. Why do you type nonsense like this? It's one of the reasons I get so frustrated with ya.

Too few people liked it here. Hence, it died. Just like all the N1 classes will die.
    Everything I state is factual, I hope you have a better day Terry I won't take your stating I type nonsense as an insult, I realize, you just can't comprehend what I write.
    How many people's idea was it to propose it? 50? it only takes a group of members to agree on something before a proposal is written.
    Hey, if N-1 dies, oh well, but its highly doubtful. Still well contested.

I do great in any class I apply myself to, so getting rid of N-1 isn't getting rid of my wins besides, there's always IMPBA

I stand firm that an internationally compatible class would be great for NAMBA
    I also stand firm that less classes offered means less fun, less diversity.
    BUT, let's get back to the positive thread this is, I think it sounds like a WONDERFUL race, and I wish any and everyone attending the time of their life!

Sincerely,
    Bill "No Nonsense" Oxidean

Did you vote?

Wilmer, you are a fool. Nobody else has the balls to call you out when you insult the entire organization, the process through which rules are enacted, and/or everyone that represents that organization. You're not typing over my head or anyone elses. I stand firm......er, the rules are exactly as voted on by the members (that would be you Wilmer). They represent the desires of the majority of those racers. The organization didn't arbitrarily change the rules. You are the organization.

Nobody cares about your wins but you. What matters is what puts boats on the water.

This does sound like great event. 11 days of like minded amp heads in one place. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Did you vote?

Wilmer, you are a fool. Nobody else has the balls to call you out when you insult the entire organization, the process through which rules are enacted, and/or everyone that represents that organization. You're not typing over my head or anyone elses. I stand firm......er, the rules are exactly as voted on by the members (that would be you Wilmer). They represent the desires of the majority of those racers. The organization didn't arbitrarily change the rules. You are the organization.

Nobody cares about your wins but you. What matters is what puts boats on the water.

This does sound like great event. 11 days of like minded amp heads in one place. Awesome.

Insult the organization? You're funny : )
    I'm sure the organization is QUITE offended by the Thousands we donated THIS season to NAMBA lol!

Call me out on THAT! : )

I'm far too professional to respond in a negative manner. As I said Terry, I'm sorry you're not feeling so good inside today, I hope things get better,
    so you can view me as the strong participant and contributor to this sport that its well known I am

"This does sound like great event. 11 days of like minded amp heads in one place. Awesome"

Is this a good thing Terry? Really? Haha

I'm sure the Europeans would bitch and moan a lot less than they (mostly tanks and some Aussies) do on here.

I think a race like this would bring a few people back a peg or 2...or worse, imagine Wilmer did any good? Oh geeeze you guys would never hear the end of it :)

Sounds like a fun race!
    Last edited by BILL OXIDEAN; 07-31-2013 at 11:42 PM.

NAMBA takes donations? That's a news to me. Thousands? I'd like to know more about that. Never mind. I'll check on my own.

"as folks have made a few senseless changes"

You took some of your post out. How come?

"I realize, you just can't comprehend what I write"

Because I'm not very intelligent I guess. There's a high quality no nonsense positive professional quote. Was not negative in any way.

"How many people's idea was it to propose it? 50? it only takes a group of members to agree on something before a proposal is written."

To propose what exactly? Which "it"? Can't be ECO. That's still in there. So what "senseless" change was it that adversely effected participation? Also, if you don't know the rule change procedure you should probably educate yourself or refrain from comment. Either works for me. Although, a professional like yourself should know every nuance of the rule book.

Wilmer, you spew out negative zinger after negative zinger and if anyone calls you out, the problem is never what you write it's always someone else that is the problem. Either we can't understand or we're liars or something. I don't know. I'm "not feeling good inside"? Patronizing much? Really? But not negative. Oh no you're too professional.

Add em up and yepper I'll respond the way I have every time. Predictable as the sun I am.

You may have a point Kris. That many amp heads in one place. Risky. They're probably better behaved than we are over here. HA! That's why we're only just now hearing about it. We Americans might have shown up and screwed up the whole thing. I would like to make that trip someday though. I've only raced in two countries. Not very adventurous of me.

Is everything ok with you today Terry? Its friday, kick your feet up, snap open a Heineken, enjoy a television program with the wife, work on a boat for the upcoming nats. It should be great in 2014 you guys put on an impressive show.

All the best for the Fast Electric World Championships!!!

And, on the more recent posts, haven't I seen this before? It's like deja vu.
    Last edited by Whitey; 08-03-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    I'm sure the organization is QUITE offended by the Thousands we donated THIS season to NAMBA lol!

Call me out on THAT! : )
    .....and nope. Never happened.

I just got back and haven't gone through the pictures yet so no photos or videos yet, but I will just say I had a great time and respond to a few comments until I have time to go through them.

It is not being kept a secret from you in the USA for any reason whether behaviour or competition as has been suggested I did mention it on here at the end of may, although just in discussion I didnt start a thread for it untill too late maybe, but I didn't know that you didn't know, Your national orginisation (NAMBA in USA, Naviga will only take one per country so IMPBA can't join Naviga while NAMBA are still members) should be consulting with Naviga and letting you know when and where the worlds are and hosting a qualifying race, which is normally your nationals the year before, the worlds are normally every other year so the next one should be 2015, I heard talk of it being in China or Poland but nothing has been decided yet so it could be anywhere.

There was plenty of consumption going on in the campsite and high spirits in a good way but it was calm at the race site more relaxed than a usual race as it is spread out a lot (unless you are lucky enough to get into a lot of finals somehow as all the finals were held on the same day). Everyone was friendly whether a decision went for or against them, and I'm sure you would have a lot of fun and fit in just fine. 17 countries attended and more would be welcome, I believe that America was the only populated continent that had no representation there which is kind of sad as it seems to be pretty popular in the north. Australasians too, don't just leave it to the islands to represent for Australia.

Hi Paul.
    Glad to hear you had a good time.
    I've been perusing the internet for results to no avail.
    Could you let us in on who occupied the top spots? Especially in M2? Which hulls proved the most competitive this time?

Thanks,
    Erik

The results are up as a PDF on the Naviga site HERE
    In Mono2 ETTI Exegas were the most common by a large margin. The finishing order for the senior final was (1, Bart, lightly modified H&M speedman) (2, Tom, heavily modified ETTI Exega) (3, Bernd, heavily modified H&M Speedman (I think)) (4, Rafal, very unusual boat design) (5, Joseph stock Toysport Triton) (6, Dave, heavily modified ETTI Exiga (same mods as Tom's)

The results are up as a PDF on the Naviga site HERE
    In Mono2 ETTI Exegas were the most common by a large margin. The finishing order for the senior final was (1, Bart, lightly modified H&M speedman) (2, Tom, heavily modified ETTI Exega) (3, Bernd, heavily modified H&M Speedman (I think)) (4, Rafal, very unusual boat design) (5, Joseph stock Toysport Triton) (6, Dave, heavily modified ETTI Exiga (same mods as Tom's)
    Joseph the owner of Toysport competed?

Thanks, Paul!
    Looks like you performed rather well in H2.
    Congratulations!

Did you get a look at the new etti sirius? Comments?

Best,
    Erik

Also, the exiga mods. What were they in general?

Erik.

Indeed Joseph Toth of Toysport was there as he usually is, he has a reputation for being a hard man to overtake with very good driving. Rough conditions in the first 2 rounds helped I'm sure but I was very surprised to see 2 non-stepped hulls in the final, I haven't seen one doing well in the UK for years, so there is some hope for USA monos. It was good to see the Belgiums doing well in Monos, they often come to the UK nationals as show us how it is done, so it is nice to know they really are that good and can show the rest of the world how it is done too, 3 of them in the M2 final ended up 1-2-6 but Dave who came 6th took the early lead and was pulling away but unluckily hit some weed and got stuck, it could easily have been Belgium 1-2-3.

Thanks I was very happy with my lightly modified JAE.21FE (no ski, and motor in front, battery in back for high polar moment of inertia) in Hydro2, I was maybe lucky with the conditions as it was quite rough on the first few days which suits me but after the second race I was in 4th hoping for a place in the final, but on the start of the calmer 3rd race I went nowhere, my speedo died in the minute or so between testing it for the judge and trying to start, as it was calmer the laptimes were lower and I slipped down from 4th to 8th.

I only heard 1 comment about the Sirrius and that was from an ETTI driver who said he had to bring it but would prefer to race his old boat if he was allowed to.

Tom's Exegas are chopped down the keel line and a strip down the middle of the deck is removed so it has more deadrise, making it turn better and behave better in the rough. The deck is flattened at the front and the hull is brought up to it so it has more lift up front and dives less. There are probably many less obvious changes too. Tom has molds for his version and there was some talk of it becoming available, not sure if it would be through ETTI or direct from Tom though.

ETTIs run very nicely indeed but they do tend to dive for the bottom from time to time, this one is an Envoy, but they share the trait with Exegas and Sabres.
    yes ETTI's dive.jpg

My buddy George's stock Exega, note the deck goes down to meet the hull as much as the hull comes up to meet the deck.
    George's Exega static.jpgGeorge's Exiga running.jpg

Tom's Exega, note the hull comes right up to the top of deck level at the front, the narrower cockpit and more pronounced dip at the rear.
    Tom's Exiga static.jpgTom's Exiga running.jpg

Indeed Joseph Toth of Toysport was there as he usually is, he has a reputation for being a hard man to overtake with very good driving. Rough conditions in the first 2 rounds helped I'm sure but I was very surprised to see 2 non-stepped hulls in the final, I haven't seen one doing well in the UK for years, so there is some hope for USA monos. It was good to see the Belgiums doing well in Monos, they often come to the UK nationals as show us how it is done, so it is nice to know they really are that good and can show the rest of the world how it is done too, 3 of them in the M2 final ended up 1-2-6 but Dave who came 6th took the early lead and was pulling away but unluckily hit some weed and got stuck, it could easily have been Belgium 1-2-3.

Thanks I was very happy with my lightly modified JAE.21FE (no ski, and motor in front, battery in back for high polar moment of inertia) in Hydro2, I was maybe lucky with the conditions as it was quite rough on the first few days which suits me but after the second race I was in 4th hoping for a place in the final, but on the start of the calmer 3rd race I went nowhere, my speedo died in the minute or so between testing it for the judge and trying to start, as it was calmer the laptimes were lower and I slipped down from 4th to 8th.

I only heard 1 comment about the Sirrius and that was from an ETTI driver who said he had to bring it but would prefer to race his old boat if he was allowed to.

Tom's Exegas are chopped down the keel line and a strip down the middle of the deck is removed so it has more deadrise, making it turn better and behave better in the rough. The deck is flattened at the front and the hull is brought up to it so it has more lift up front and dives less. There are probably many less obvious changes too. Tom has molds for his version and there was some talk of it becoming available, not sure if it would be through ETTI or direct from Tom though.

ETTIs run very nicely indeed but they do tend to dive for the bottom from time to time, this one is an Envoy, but they share the trait with Exegas and Sabres.
    yes ETTI's dive.jpg

My buddy George's stock Exega, note the deck goes down to meet the hull as much as the hull comes up to meet the deck.
    George's Exega static.jpgGeorge's Exiga running.jpg

Tom's Exega, note the hull comes right up to the top of deck level at the front, the narrower cockpit and more pronounced dip at the rear.
    Tom's Exiga static.jpgTom's Exiga running.jpg
    Was my buddy Dee Chan Yu Wai there from Etti? What about David Niewland from Etti?
    I can imagine Joseph being tough to beat.
    Last edited by BILL OXIDEAN; 08-14-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast