Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FE Boaters in Mississauga and surrounding areas

Hi Livewire, you have a Genesis I see, I just bought Genensis 41 inch complete with 4x 4.5 nano techs, HK controller and reciever, m 442 prop, 180 turnigy marine ecs, 3/16 flex shaft, stand and some spare original parts on ebay last night. The fello is saying the motor needs to b upgraded. What motor would you put in it to suit? I also have a pile of ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 4S1P 20C batteries for my Apparition that I could swap back and fourth if it makes sense. Your thoughts please..... Thankyou
    Last edited by Prtcleman; 06-19-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prtcleman View Post
    Hi Livewire, you have a Genesis I see, I just bought Genensis 41 inch complete with 4x 4.5 nano techs, HK controller and reciever, m 442 prop, 180 turnigy marine ecs, 3/16 flex shaft, stand and some spare original parts on ebay last night. The fello is saying the motor needs to b upgraded. What motor would you put in it to suit? I also have a pile of ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 4S1P 20C batteries for my Apparition that I could swap back and fourth if it makes sense. Your thoughts please..... Thankyou
    Hi Prtcleman,
    Actually I don't own a Genesis, the boat is an HPR 115. The first question you need to answer, is how fast do you want this boat to be? Also what sort of FE experience do you have? In terms of your Zippy 20c packs, the c rating is pretty low. If you plan to run your Apparition as a sport boat and run it with a mild setup they may be ok. But if you are looking to run it as a fast hot setup, those batteries won't be up for the task. Personally I wouldn't use batteries lower then 50c. Dinogy has some great batteries with a 65c rating, you can find the thread here on OSE. Mark the owner is great and his prices are great as well. I'm currently testing a pair of Turnigy Nano A-Spec G2 batteries from Hobby King, and they seem to be holding up pretty well.
    But my first choice would be the Dinogys.
    Last edited by Livewire121; 06-20-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    HPR 115 - Lenher 2240/7, AS26- 150BL EVO ll esc's 92.3mph

Hi, I biked over to scout out the marsh last night. I live very close and thought its a cool spot. Im headed there tonight to do a few laps tonight. If anyone is interested, itd b great.....Danny

Hi Danny,
    Would love too, but I work afternoons. We usually run on the weekends, Sundays mostly.
    HPR 115 - Lenher 2240/7, AS26- 150BL EVO ll esc's 92.3mph

Let me know when u want to go out & let 'm rip. Lol. Thanks & enjoy ur day.... Danny

Bin running out there. Good thing the breeze blows the upside down to shore....LOL. I had to stick up a sign..."NO QUACKS WHILE BOATS ARE LAPPING" LOL... I think theyre good with it.... What time will people be at the club pond this weekend? Danny

Hello Everyone,

Just got into the hobby this year. Picked up an Atomik Barb Wire for bashing around and a Traxxas Spartan for high speed runs (ordered a bunch of parts to upgrade the Spartan, cant wait). I also fly an E-Flite Apprentice with floats.

I live in Oakville, but mostly just play around at my cottage in Bobcaygeon. That Osprey Marsh area looks a decent size from Google maps, I think I'll have to check it out!

Sure thing dude, I enjoy the extra boat in the water to ruff up the chop. We can do laps & burn thru batteries... I built an apparition twin screw & go there once a week. Email me at chillywillydgas@aol.com & we can swap numbers....

Another in the clan, Kool.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I'm definitely hooked on this hobby. Love my RC boats. Only question is what to buy/build next.

Depends on what you want to do? Organized racing or just fun running?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Proboat and Aquacraft will most likely come out with some new stuff if you want to wait. Waiting until after the Chinese New Year will give you the view of what is to offer new off the chopping block. I think TFL hobbies the makers of the Pursuit Mono etc... may come out with a new cat that hopefully will have the ability to turn at higher speeds the the long narrow Scale'ish cats out there. Just save your money as our season is almost over this year. Watch the new posts here and we'll get you tricked out with something fine I'm sure.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I want a high speed cat next (no official racing, just fast runs on the lake). Still researching and figuring out what my budget is and how crazy to go.

Entry level RTR: I like the Proboat Blackjack 29 (upgrade motor and ESC to most likely a leopard/seaking combo)
    Mid-level ARTR: I like the Appartition or Genesis (slap in a TP or NEU motor with swordfish esc)
    High-level kits: I like too many - Shocker, Fantasm, Zonda, etc.
    Extreme dream build SAW: HPR 115 bulletproof built buy customcf (nata2run) with dual LMT motors and the whole nine yards.

Holy!!!!!! Lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123