Thread: MG29 - Boat seems uneven and rides to the right.

Default MG29 - Boat seems uneven and rides to the right.

I've been having an increasingly bad issue with my MG29 - and now since it blew all the electronics and I'm going to rebuild it, I want to see if I can fix this problem.

The boat seems to ride very heavy on the right side. I've tried to measure the weight and that seems correct, I've blueprinted or flattened out the running pads, nothing seems to help.

Turning to the left (putting load on the right side) makes it really roll a lot and causes a lot of water to come over the side, versus turning to the right, it skates on the surface like it should.

I thought initially that this may just have been torque roll or something from the motor, but it almost seems to be getting worse.

What can cause this?

When you say "it almost seems to be getting worse" , are you comparing to your earlier runs? if so, what prop were you using then? 48mm prop is quite big for the MG, if your earlier runs were with a smaller prop, then that may be one of the reasons.

Same prop. The 48mm CNC'd. It seemed to work well for the boat.

Do you have any video's of it running so we could see what you are taking about ?
    Or could you post some pictures of the boat setup and hardware and close ups of the prop.
    Also how long have you had that 48mm cnc prop ?
    And how long have you been using it on this boat ?
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by MrEvoMan View Post
    Same prop. The 48mm CNC'd. It seemed to work well for the boat.
    Have you checked your rudder? My UL-1 did that once and I realized the bracket was loose and the rudder wasn't perpendicular to the bottom of the hull. Just saying, it seems strange to me that you think it was getting worse.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Mr Evoman
    like i told you before ,in your other topic : a 48 mm prop on a 29" boat (mono or cat)can never never and never work!

not in the past ,not now and not in the future