Thread: Why should i get this boat? talk me into or out of it.

Default Why should i get this boat? talk me into or out of it.

okay so im looking at this boat and i like it. but i want to see if any of you can talk me into or out of it. or just give me a pros-and-cons review.

Read through the threads in the SV section...lots of info there to sway you in a certain direction.

Best reason I can give you not to is the fact that Tower has the Revolt for 10$ less than the SV.
    More moden hull design, longer, more stable, can be made to go much faster and still handle ok, better hardware setup.
    I have an SV paid 125$ for it 3 summers ago, one of my favorite boats, a real blast when you have a bunch of SV's running together, then sombody tosses a Revolt or Impulse in the water and you see the difference!
    I wouldn't buy one brand new with the other boats available for the same or less money, but if you can pick up a used one cheap they are a really fun boat. Just a bit dated.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

J.W. Pepper Guest

I second husky's motion for all the reasons he gave you.

Basically, Mike "Grim Racer" took the SV27R and looked for ways to improve it, the Revolt is the end result.

Tower has been raising & lowering the prices of the Revolts for most of the year. Right now the RxR is $297.99, next week it could be $199.99 with free ship.

If you already have a radio system that you would prefer to use, then that's the way to go.

If you decide on the Revolt, be patient & keep an eye on Tower, when they have one of they're sales, jump on it. Right now promo code 010J3 will get your $25 off.

Quote Originally Posted by siberianhusky View Post
    Best reason I can give you not to is the fact that Tower has the Revolt for 10$ less than the SV.
    More moden hull design, longer, more stable, can be made to go much faster and still handle ok, better hardware setup.
    I have an SV paid 125$ for it 3 summers ago, one of my favorite boats, a real blast when you have a bunch of SV's running together, then sombody tosses a Revolt or Impulse in the water and you see the difference!
    I wouldn't buy one brand new with the other boats available for the same or less money, but if you can pick up a used one cheap they are a really fun boat. Just a bit dated.

ok thanks guys

but the revolt is too expensive because then i would need to buy lipos and a charger

If you have nimh packs you can use them in the revolt, same motor just a 60 amp esc.
    Performance of the SV with NIMH packs is kinda disappointing.
    To be brutally honest I had no use for electric boats until LIPO batteries became available, I was a die hard fuel boater. As soon as I saw what an electric boat could do with lipo packs I had one two weeks later!
    Didn't mind running cars at all on round batteries, different story with boats.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

it's boring
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by mass boating View Post
    but the revolt is too expensive because then i would need to buy lipos and a charger
    I got a a charger and two lipo batteries for 40 bucks from hobby king. Nmih were more than worthless

I've had my Sv since they came out. Great boat I've had lots of fun with it. Put the UL-1 esc and motor. That made a big difference. I'm picking up a Revolt next few weeks just because it is such a deal. I have enough of boats. I always take my SV out even when I'm driving another boat. For 1 it is a sold built boat the SV27. If I have nitro boats running that will be right there. Checkout Rcchief.com Aka BHChieftain on here. He made an offer it can't refuse. For a Revolt. I'm going to finish what I was doing and get to sleep. Good luck and enjoy.