Hi there

first of all i am Marco from the netherlands

being doing rc for several years now but mainly cars (drifters and speedrunners)

since 2 months ago decided to buy a second hand or used Proboat which the previous owner did float 4 times and stoped and then did sell it to me

at first boating it on 4s i thought whooo but i did notice the hopping at high speeds or full throttle

so went to Fuzzy tuning with it which trimmed it for me and it was much better by then

2 weeks ago :

i did hit the shore (wood) or something in the water and did have some damage
so did my google is your best friend stuff and came out here on this great forum

the damage i have is a cracked prop , a damaged flex axle and the motor mount is shoved

so

also did read many topics on this site and did follow Darian his topics about the Impulse proboat stuff (which is very awesome and much to learn from there for me)

so by then i was not very happy

now i got a couple of question for you guys

1- i see a lot of you float with the Impulse 31 v2 on 5s but what do you guys run ?

1x2s and 1x3s or a single pack 5s and can somebody show me the mod to run a single 5s on the battery tray ?

2- wanna go 5s but did see i need to upgrade the prop -> can you guys give me a link tot the right prop ? which i need
i wanna go as fast as i can with the stock motor and esc but still keep it safe

3- i did order the straight turnfins from which Darin came up with !! was or is that a good choose and will i see improvement with this mod ?

4- i see you can go dual rutter on this one , but did also see its for the Impulse v1 so will that conversion fitt a Impulse v2 also ?

5- do i need another motor mount bracket ?

also understand that i need to upgrade the motor connection bullits connectors to bigger ones

the first thing i did today was buy a better motor coupler which is on his way now to my country

also i order the bigger bullits and wanna go for dual rudder conversion

from here i will be happy to hear any advise tips or other good stuff

i will be happy to hear from you guys with any advise or tips

i did run it 3 times on 6s with stock setup and its crazy fast but a little overkill in my opinion
so gonna take it to 5s with a little modding

for now thx for reading this topic (great forum with great info and projects)

kind regards

mosfet
the netherlands