Thread: 5.5mm Bullet Setup Questions

Default 5.5mm Bullet Setup Questions

Hi,
    New to RC boats and have some questions on converting everything over to 5.5mm bullets that seem to be the top choice:

-on my lipos I put female on Neg, male on Pos which seemed to be normal setup (I would have though 2 females being the battery for minimal amount of exposed plugs)
    -this means the esc and charger setups had to be opposite
    -seeing I run 2x2S packs in series, I actually can now plug the packs directly together as shown in pic, then to esc, no y-harness needed at all with extra plugs! is this what most are doing as well?

seems would still be pretty nice using the EC5's or so to keep everything protected and covered...anything else or setup tips using the bullets though? Thanks alot! DSCN3055 (800x600).jpgDSCN3056 (800x600).jpg

Normally the setups,
    On the cells the pos + is known as a red hot female and should have a female plug on it,
    And neg - would be a male plug.
    On the setup the motor would have all males and the esc has the female plugs.
    And these are nice to make with the 5.5 bullets for parallel running packs.

CS33008.jpgCS33009.jpgCS33032.jpg
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

If you put a female on the positive Lipo lead and a male on the negative Lipo lead then you can connect the lipos together in series without a harness.

Chief

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

thanks, so seems I just had everything flipped between the pos and neg. Either way, I can plug the packs in series without a y-harness that seems is what people are doing.

for the note and pictures on the plugs to hook up to packs in parallel...is that what is also common to get more runtime, say buying 4s packs and running in parallel instead of 2x2s packs in series?