Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/6 scale Jetsprint boats and 30mm Jet drives

Quote Originally Posted by mickieb49 View Post
    Hi Guy's,
    Like what was previously mentioned, i will be using a 1800kv 4072 leopard motor with a 120 amp swordfish esc on 4s 5000Mah 40c battery, this setup has been good to me with no overheating or problems. That was with the Graupner units and Kehrer ( highly modified, see also my youtube vids)
    This unit like the tru Hamilton and Scott jets is not intended on trying to spin it over about the 25k mark, if you try to do that you will start getting a hydraulic locking effect and basically the effeciency will drop off. All too often i see people putting 4000kv motors into those NQD jet boats and running them on 3s and even 4s, then wonder why theu have problems?????
    This is a mixed flow pump and like Shaughnessy has said is a very different type of pump as compared to what is basically a propeller wrapped up in a inlet ( graupner and Kehrer)
    I will be trying lower kv motors but i believe the 1800kv to be the best.
    I am hoping to be able to share some more pictures of the new hulls very soon too.
    Here is my youtube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hJ7ex4OGaM
    Regards Mick
    Very cool slids sideways just like a river racer LOL
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Hi guys, just thought an update was in order, sorry but no pictures yet. I will be getting the next last of trial injection molded parts sometime next week, providing it all lines up and fits together the full production of 1000 units will be in my hands within a week.
    As for the impellers, I had to change manufacturer, I have been ensured that I will have them in 3 weeks, I am using the same guy that made? The cnc roll bar clamps, i will try to get some pictures of what I have so far soon.
    The plans for the hull are finished so I should be routing out the mold for the vacuum mold in the next week or so, again I will update here with pictures once I have something to show.
    Again thank you everyone for their patience with me, trying to get this mammoth project off the ground whilst working full time and bringing 2 kids under the age of 2 is not easy.
    Regards mick

let me know when your ready for an order, pretty interested in trying one out.

Hi Guy's, here is the rectified injection molded parts, pretty happy how they have turned up, just given the go ahead to manufacture 1000 units.
    The impellers should be finished in a week or so, because I had to change the manufacturer I could only get 200 made first, will post some pictures once I get them.
    On the hull side, I should be CNC'ing out the plug very soon.jet u.jpgjet unit.jpgjet unit1.jpgjet.jpg

Looks first class.

Very nice indeed. I can see myself getting one. Good for playing with in the shallower cottage waterfront. Much more dog friendly as well.

Figures, I get my stuff stolen and these are finally ready. Gonna have to put in some OT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    Figures, I get my stuff stolen and these are finally ready. Gonna have to put in some OT.
    I am thinking on selling the first few on a discounted rate , providing i get some Youtube footage of them.
    Nearly got the smaller hull mold done, these will be Fiberglass, 450mm long. When i get the first one out of the mold i wil post some pictures.
    Thanks for the feedback guy's, it is most appreciated.
    Regards Mick

Looking forward seeing these available!

Hello all, I should have the jet units available in about 2 weeks, I should have all the injection molded parts on around the 21st, and the impellers around the following week. Will test one first, but all should be OK to sell some the week after , around 28th- 05th.
    I am also going to put a few of these up for Christmas gifts.
    Nearly finished the smaller hull mold, got a little wet sanding then polish before I can sell them, but hoping to have a few glass hull done before I release the jet unit.
    Take care guys

How do you think these would work in a 36" or so cat hull twin setup? Might be fun

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    How do you think these would work in a 36" or so cat hull twin setup? Might be fun
    Hi not too sure, I think it has been done before, went OK, as long as there is a 45_50mm flat section for the unit to mount to, it should go well.
    Regards mick

Keep up the good work Mickie.

Waiting for outcome

Please put me on the list for one.
    Thanks
    Dave Ives

Will do ,
    Just received 4 big boxes of injection molded parts, all up just a shade over 7000 separate parts.
    Also finished the small jetboat mold, am hoping to be pulling the first hull out in the coming days. I will document the whole build here as I do it, I will also be making a instruction sheet to put these units and hulls together.
    You will also see in the pictures of the building amount of parts I am accumulating ready for the release, hopefully in the next week or so as the impellers should be finished by the 21st November, and posted to me sometime next week, the boxes for the jet units should be in my hot hands next week too, also should be getting close to having some video footage about the same period.
    Providing I get the new router bits this week I should be CNCing out the plug for the bigger jetsprint hulls this weekend???
    Warm regards all, and thankyou so much for not getting too bored with me trying to get it all together.
    20131119_194252.jpg20131119_194257.jpg20131119_194337.jpg20131119_200812.jpg20131119_200825.jpg

Here is the first small hull out of the mold, still have to retweek the cowl mold, but have started to put the jet unit into the hull, I am aiming to get most of it done so when I get the impellers, I can put one straight in and give it a run.
    jets.jpgjetsp.jpgjetspr.jpgjetsprin.jpg

Looking good Mickie, I applaud your efforts on this

Very interested in seeing this come together.

Hello all,
    Well the router bit turned up, just had a go at machining out the lower half, apart from the fact that the spindle collided in the back and pushed the blank forward, I had to realign the blank , obviously it was not exact as there is a few places where it machined too much out. No big problem, I have filled these parts in and a quick sand , she will be ready to mold.
    Take care hull front.jpghull lower fini.jpghull lowerrough.jpghull.jpg

Looks like your living the dream Mickie, everything looks under control.

I would happily sit and assemble those pumps, recon I could do it in my asleep after a week or two....

Are you going to package a complete RTR boat in a retail box? What's the total length including the pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Head View Post
    Looks like your living the dream Mickie, everything looks under control.

I would happily sit and assemble those pumps, recon I could do it in my asleep after a week or two....

Are you going to package a complete RTR boat in a retail box? What's the total length including the pump?
    Hi mate, I will be selling either the jet units desperately or a hull/jet unit kit ( complete with alloy roll cage, dummy drivers, SS pump guard). Both ways will be in a retail box complete with instructions.
    The hull you see at the moment is only available until I get the new 610mm jet sprint up and going, this hull will be Vacuum for men ABS , I will eventually do a fiberglass version but like the NQD boat, I am expecting that this boat will mostly be used in rivers and creeks, generally where there is rocks.... I have been working on sticker kits too, but I need a few more funds before I can make hose available.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Regards mick

Hi Mick,how is the progress on the units?
    Over here in Europe there is also Interest!
    My Hull is waiting for a unit :-) and the electronics are ready - it will be a Outrunner 1600kv and 1800watts output - so i can try 4S and 5S
    I am very keen to see the difference to a Kehrer!
    Please send me by pm pricing + p&p - I am in Germany
    Regards
    Axel

Hi Guy's
    Good news , i have just recieved the impellers, should be getting mine running wednesday, i will post the video up straight after, providing everything goes well, i will release the jets for sale thursday.
    Thanks for everyones patience
    Regards Mick

I also meant to add, i will not be doing a plastic version of the hull, they will all be out of Fiberglass.
    Mick

Looking forward to a vid.

Following this close, very interested in one. The NQD got me hooked on the whole rc fe boat world. Keep up the great work !

Hi guy's, here is a few teaser pictures, first run will be Wednesday.
    thanks for looking
    mickhull.jpghull1.jpghull2.jpghull3.jpgimpeller.jpg

Sweet

Do your jet pumps have a reverse cup

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast