Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Miss Geico 24 Upgrade -need help please!

Nice clip! Wish you have a bigger lake!
    Question: is your rescue craft powered by two EDF units? Nice !

Quote Originally Posted by gr8evo View Post
    So what does a 29 have to do with anything? You said that running 55mph was a nice little tail. So hows this tail work for you (57mph)?

Thanks for explaining (in so many words) were you land on the food chain. lol
    So hows this TAIL work for you (57mph)?

TAIL, food chain, irony... high school graduate.... maybe???? doubtful, HAHAHAHA

Glad you were able to hit 57, my lake just wouldn't do it for me the other day . prob my experimental setup had something to do with it also. Also glad you and your buddy were able to get away from the land fill long enough to produce this video, just a mere hour after my post too!! Shouldn't you be "packing" for Mexico? lol

On a serious note, that low torque high volt setup may be the only way to get the high mph's, I dunno. my 1500 on 5s would flip the other day going 25mph even with the cells forward. my same boat with a 3300kv leo did 39 on a stock prop and 4s with no indication of blow over - too bad that motor doesn't like 4s. fun fun fun.

Hey nice run and good videoing,
    Just the way I like to see them nice and long.

Not one of those 35 second video's that suck.

Ps I want to see that rescue craft doing it's thing sometime soon.

Here you go in the wind 57mph..

http://youtu.be/yQfMs11t9Oc
    Last edited by lenny; 03-19-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

we do too!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

You win. No more boating for me. Think i will just go play with the twin turbo lambo in my garage. lol

Quote Originally Posted by tjdabomb View Post
    So hows this TAIL work for you (57mph)?

TAIL, food chain, irony... high school graduate.... maybe???? doubtful, HAHAHAHA

Glad you were able to hit 57, my lake just wouldn't do it for me the other day . prob my experimental setup had something to do with it also. Also glad you and your buddy were able to get away from the land fill long enough to produce this video, just a mere hour after my post too!! Shouldn't you be "packing" for Mexico? lol

On a serious note, that low torque high volt setup may be the only way to get the high mph's, I dunno. my 1500 on 5s would flip the other day going 25mph even with the cells forward. my same boat with a 3300kv leo did 39 on a stock prop and 4s with no indication of blow over - too bad that motor doesn't like 4s. fun fun fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, edf's with a mixer. works pretty well, but could use esc's with reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Nice clip! Wish you have a bigger lake!
    Question: is your rescue craft powered by two EDF units? Nice !

You win. No more boating for me. Think i will just go play with the twin turbo lambo in my garage. lol
    haha, more like:

lambo.jpg

It would be more fun to play with a Lambo while driving down the road, no?
    Nortavlag Bulc

How tough would you guys say the MG24 plastic hull is???
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    It's not that strong..I had blow over at 56 or so and split it open and sank..it runs great for what it is.

see the difference between you and me is, the twin turbo lambo is really sitting in my garage..

Haters hate lol..don't make me make another vid when I get home from vaca with the lambo and make you look stupid again..

haha, more like:

lambo.jpg

Sure the car is super fun to drive.. Thing is this was not a store bought twin turbo kit..I did all the efi setup and tuning witch is fun to me.. I am now getting ready to pull the motor to build it to handle more hp..in case you haven't noticed I love toys and pushing them to the edge.

It would be more fun to play with a Lambo while driving down the road, no?

Sure the car is super fun to drive.. Thing is this was not a store bought twin turbo kit..I did all the efi setup and tuning witch is fun to me.. I am now getting ready to pull the motor to build it to handle more hp..in case you haven't noticed I love toys and pushing them to the edge.
    "witch is fun to me"

Too bad you didn't push your education to the edge. LOL

If you in fact do own a lambo and you are not just a floor sweeper in the garage where the lambo is parked (far more likely), a certain quote from an american classic movie comes to mind:

American Graffiti, "Toad" is driving a mint 58 chevy that belonged to the Ron Howard character in the movie. "Toad" is cruising down a street in the 58, car pulls up next to him, two guys he knows are in the car and say "Toad... is that you in that beautiful car???? What a waste of machinery....."

vio con dios, cabron

Anyone??

Nortavlag Bulc

Anyone??
    Forget it, Ray, this thread is going nowhere, I was hoping for an answer on that as well, also very soon it's going to get ugly. ( It already has gotten to that point, IMO) I truly don't know why sometimes these things happen.
    Not that it's my thread, but yes, I am bothered with such exchange.
    Unsubscribed !

not that tough . kinda flimsy. but nice and smooth compared to the 29. 55-60 really all its got b4 liftoff lol imo

Anyone??
    Ray, well, how tough do you need it to be?? What would you want to accomplish with it, speed/endurance wise?? I haven't seen a 24 with the stock rudder that turns worth a darn, so as long as ya keep it under 55 (unless perfect conditions) and don't try to turn fast, the issue of "tough enough" won't matter.

If you look at the 29 threads, there are a lot of guys that race the 29 every weekend, lotsa 4s w/x642 setups. Does that mean the hull is "tough"? I dunno, I guess it depends on your definition of tough. I am not sure what the difference is btwn the 24 and 29 in terms of hull material and reinforcing. I have read about 40-50 mph crashes that break things and those that don't. I suppose if one wanted to make the hull stronger, that could be accomplished with a fab of metal screen and marine epoxy, though, haven't heard of anyone doing that.

But, as was said earlier, these RTR's can be bought for less than a c note on ebay. If one had a motor and esc laying around, it could be hopped up cheaply and quickly, and if it breaks, get another!!

The 24 has lots of flex.. I am trying to reinforce it with some carbon I had left over from a Daytona build. I don't know if the epoxy will take to the plastic but this hull was trash anyway.. I want to have one with stock outdrive etc on 4s(50-55) and the beater for 6s. Goal is to hit 60+..it's going to be a one hit wonder that's for sure.

Does anyone know if the 29 is glass?

The 24 has lots of flex.. I am trying to reinforce it with some carbon I had left over from a Daytona build. I don't know if the epoxy will take to the plastic but this hull was trash anyway.. I want to have one with stock outdrive etc on 4s(50-55) and the beater for 6s. Goal is to hit 60+..it's going to be a one hit wonder that's for sure.

Does anyone know if the 29 is glass?
    Marine epoxy sticks to this hull like glue - it is the material of choice for blueprinting the sponsons: http://www.rcchiefhobbies.com/Tutorials.html

29 hull type (from horizon hobby website): Fiberglass composite hull provides extreme rigidity even in the roughest of water conditions

two geese attacked my 24 at the lake yesterday, caused it to run aground on an small island. had to reel it off with a fishing pole. Got 42mph on 5s, 1500kv, prb4019 before then though - calmer conditions but still couldn't go full throttle, too much chop, too many fishermen taking up real estate.

For the record the stock mg24 is a .150 flex cable.

Len - I have no way of measuring the shaft, though, I did come across another thread on this site where a user did measure the shaft to be 0.147"/3.78mm. I guess rounding up is in order, which, would make this shaft/my shaft be .150" Isnt' .150" the same size as the mg29 shaft?? Thanks for the link to the spacer. I am thinking that this shaft from Kintec would give me everything I need:

BlackJack29, Miss Geico, Mystic Upgrade Shaft: "Perfectly balanced. Cut to length. Soldered end for better collet grip. Machined drive dog slot. .150 cable x 3/16 shaft. Complete unit with stainless drive dog, jam nut, prop nut and teflon liner. Has a 10-32 thread." http://kintecracing.com/Miss_Geico_Upgrades.html Thoughts??

Sure would be nice if all the parts specifications would be online for these boats.......just sayin.....

Revolt 30--60mph
    Daytona 36--79mph
    MG24--59mph

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123