Thread: 1st boat-Revolt 30 or Impulse 31?

Default 1st boat-Revolt 30 or Impulse 31?

Hello all, I'm getting back into the hobby after a 15 year absence. I'm wondering which of theses would be the better option for me? I'm not going to race either but would just like to have fun in the neighborhood pond. A friend will be buying one too and I don't want his to be faster! Any suggestions are welcomed.

Both boats are nice, I have the impulse v1 but would also like to get the revolt some day.
    I'm running a 1500kv and a 180 esc in the impulse on 6s boats very quick.

You should both get the same boat with different paint. Then it comes down to driving and best tweaking of the boat. More fun to run along side someone for me.

Both can be quirky but I think the Revolt might be faster right out of the box.

Having owned both...My preference is the Revolt.

Does it make a difference that the Revolt can run 4s and the Impulse 6s? I'm still trying to wrap my head around the battery lingo, etc?

Thanks for all the answers guys. If I go with the Revolt, what batteries would you buy? Two 2 s or a single 4s and what brand?

Go with a single 4s...less connections to make=less chance of

As for what brand...I've had good luck with Hobby King Turnigys....I use them on all my race boats.

Others will say differently of course.

Don't run the impulse on 6s unless you have a lower kv motor and a better esc like the t180a.

Thanks for the advice. I almost bought the Impulse last night with two 3s 50s lipos. It would be bone stock out of the box. Probably would have had problems.

Whichever one I get I'm sure I'll run it this year without any mods just to get my feet wet again.

Hello. I have the impulse 31 v2 stock and its right out of the box.
    I have only adjust the metal plates behind to get it steady and not bounce.

I have use 5s battery setup. 1x5200mh 7.4v and 1x5200mh 11.1v both with 30c.
    It runs perfect without issues, esc is cold and motor is maby 40-45 celsius.

You woulnt be dissapointed if you buy one and use it in original with 5s setup :-)
    The paint is nice and i have use the tape maby 30 times on the hull to not get water inside if its flip over and the paint is still there!
    All parts have good quality. I have never try it on 6s because the rpm is getting a bit high.