Thread: Impluse V2 with Prather 220 prop on 5s

Default Impluse V2 with Prather 220 prop on 5s

I installed a balanced and sharped 220 prop yesterday. I sharped the prop to almost a razor blade sharpness with some diamond files I use for tuning downhill race skis'

I have been running the boat on 6s(about 10 times) until one of my 6s packs swelled. I ran it this morning on a 3s & 2s 5000mah 50c packs this morning. I really need to get some gps #'s one of these days. It appears to be just as fast on 5s with the 220 as it is on 6s with stock prop. Could be crazy on 6s.

Another note. I ran the impulse until the lvp came on probably about 12 mins. Motor wasn't warm at all. I don't have any temp #'s but it could keep my fingers on the motor with no notice of a temp difference than the outside air temp. I might try to get a 225 prop and see what more it can do.
    Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
    www.RunRaptorRun.com

I have a Prather P225 on the way to try out.
    www.RunRaptorRun.com

let me know how the new prop runs

please

Ran great! a ton of power and extremly fast. Ran for about 8min on 6s with a Prather S225. Motor was a touch warm nothing to hot. Wires, ESC and batterys also seems to be in control as well. A buddy was supposed to come over with his GPS today but he had to go to a funeral. Hopefully next week we can get a GPS tracked speed reading with multiple props and batterys.
    www.RunRaptorRun.com