Thread: Hatch issues

Default Hatch issues

Is there a better way to keep the Hatch closed on an impulse other than the 90degree turn lock thing? I have had the hatch fly off 3 times. Last night the Tupperware top flew off as well then sank to the bottom of the lake.

I was thinking something like a thumb screw? Also the hatch is extremely cheaply made.

Looks like I need to add some Cf to the hatch to fix the flexing. A better way to secure it would be great to.

First you should tape the hatch down, use what ever works for you, hatch tape, electrical tape which is what I use and you can get it in different colors, I get mine at a flee market for a dollor a roll,
    also reinforce the hatch with a few layers of fiberglass or carbon fiber, I did mine with a piece of styrofome 1" thick and it seems stiffer then the fg.
    I just epoxed it on.
    always,always tape it down.

Used electrical tape and it worked great! No water in the boat no hatch flying off, etc...

Now I just hope Traxxas replaces my 2 week old 3S 5000mah battery that has swollen to about twice its normal size.

+1 on tape... not only will it keep the lid secure, it will keep the water out. I like to use clear hockey tape.
    Chief