Thread: Hull Reinforcement

Default Hull Reinforcement

Another newbie question....

I've noticed that several around here have posted about how they've reinforced their (Revolt 30) hull using one method or another. How necessary is it? Do Revolts break up during a bad, non-contact wipe out?

Most of the less expensive hulls need reinforcing, and all benefit from some IMO. Here is one I modded for a friend. It's a lot stronger after 2 layers of carbon fiber.

"There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Did you carbon fiber al the way up front or just to the foam up front? Looks like it would be difficult to get it all the way to the bow.

up to the foam, I just did mine, not as good a job as roc but was first time laying CF

I'm still a newbie, but by now have probably have at lease 100 hard runs on my Revolt, including plenty of high speed flips and spins. There's no sign of fatigue anywhere which makes me wonder how necessary it really is to add reinforcement, especially in view of added weight.

Again, I'm a newbie and only have my own experience to go by.....

Please let me know what kind of damage you experienced that motivated you to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar22 View Post
    Most of the less expensive hulls need reinforcing, and all benefit from some IMO. Here is one I modded for a friend. It's a lot stronger after 2 layers of carbon fiber.

Dude, I just looked at your pictures. Very nice work! Looks like you're anal like me!

Thanks. The hull appeared thin to me. It may be fine with stock power. This one I upgraded to a Neu 1415 1.5Y. The added weight is minimal for the amount of strength gained....so why not? I only reinforced this one up to foam.

"There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I haven't done mine yet, just wondering if is really nessesary. Haven't had any problems with mine yet but may give it one coat of CF just in case. You did a nice job on yours.

I'd love to see a tutorial on how to do this (step by step with pics). I'd really like to do a CF inlay in mine this winter.
    Aquacraft Revolt 30, Aquacraft Lucas Oil Cat
    Dumas 44' Coast Guard MLB (undergoing restoration)
    Dumas 55" Wellcraft Scarab 38KV (NIB kit)

Quote Originally Posted by fox88gt View Post
    I'd love to see a tutorial on how to do this (step by step with pics).
    As they say on the internet, +1.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

There are tutorials out there... I'll try to find a link or two. A boat interior is a great place to try your skills because the perimeter of the cloth is obscured by the gunnels.
    You can mess up a little and nobody will know!

1415 1Y How fast it that thing?
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    There are tutorials out there... I'll try to find a link or two.
    I searched around but didn't find any. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.