Thread: "Regular" versus Lifter Prop

Default "Regular" versus Lifter Prop

Guys,

I accidently ordered an Octura X445 instead of the M445. Is there much of a performance difference between the two styles?

BTW, this is my first post as a newbie. After 30 years of planes, helis, and cars I just bought a Revolt on a whim. I can't believe how addicted I've become in just a week!

The M445 is a detounged prop. If you want to really make your revolt perform, take the x445 and sharpen, balance, detounge and backcut the prop.

They ( M445 and X445) are not lifter props. As said above, the M445 is detounged, it unloads the motor a bit more than the X series so it may have an edge as far as top speed is concerned. The latter bites sooner and from a dead stop it gives better accel.

Thanks for the clarification. I understand how the drag caused by the tongue would decrease top end, but, being a newbie I have no frame of reference for how much.

I've searched all over unsuccessfully for detonguing guidelines, how much to remove, etc. Is it purely a hit or miss/experimental procedure or are there some rules of thumb?

Cool

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks, Fluid. I've seen that and it's pretty vague. Shows the general area but still leaves a lot to be desired. Guess I'll just start reprofiling and test the results...

Stick with what you have and work on getting the boat tuned in well. The difference you will see between the M445 and the X445 is minimal.

Later,
    Mike