My good ol' Mystic hit a dock last summer and I caved in the tip of one sponson and split most of the front half of the hull. I know anything fiberglass can be repaired, but the hull is too small for me to get inside where I'd need to do most of the repairing so it would look good again. I will repair this hull anyway since I have a second set of running gear (hop-up stuff) I want to try out, but I'd like to have one hull that looks really nice to put my mostly-stock running gear back into.

I checked out the replacement Blackjack 29 hulls at Horizon Hobby. The item description says hull and canopy, but no other details are mentioned. I was curious as to whether or not the hull had the stuffing tube or any other hardware in place. (I posted that question on the Horizon product page over three months ago and they never answered!).

I REALLY liked the way the Mystic hull handled and performed... enough so that I would spend the dough to get a replacement. I would reinforce and foam-fill the new one to try and make it more durable (not that I'd expect ANY hull to survive a dock strike undamaged).

Has anyone purchased a replacement hull from Horizon?

Take it easy,
desmobob