Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Traxxas Spartan 67.2 mph run

Do I bend the inner tabs or the outer and I have an adjustable drive strut as you can see. Would moving that help at allor leave that alone

Zack, do you actually comprehend anything we are saying? Or are you just reading words on you're screen? From what I can tell, you like to do things your own way despite advise given....

Leave the strut neutral for now. Do one adjustment at a time

No I hear what your saying need the trim tabs. Got it I'll do that first I'm just asking if that helps any ? Sorry. Just learning

Hey,
    Three bladed props help a lot with torque roll on mono's.
    I was using a x646/3 on my 36"modded to FE shockwave with a 4074 2200kv on 4s in most of my video's.
    Now testing a Pursuit with a 4074 1800kv on 5s with a x447/3 and runs pretty good.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Zack, drive down to Sarasota and I'll get it straight lol

Then we will run for "play money"

Powerboat I can do that lol don't play. I might just take you up on that. Lol

Go to a bigger pond, or get a smaller boat. You really don't have the space to stay up on plane long enough to take advantage of what you're running. At least maybe try bigger turns, like maybe going out and around the fountain, so you stay on the throttle and keep her moving the whole time, as opposed to just back and forth. When you do those quick 180 degree turns you're basically starting from a dead stop each time, and torque roll is worst when accelerating from a standstill. All the prop in the world is useless if you can't hold it wide open long enough to get up to speed.
    And maybe ask a moderator to change the title of this thread..........

Come on down

I've got a great pond

My pond is about 10 acres, surrounded by trees. It's glassy most of the time

Eight packs charged and waitin' on ya

Yeah, maybe this should be moved over to the traxxas rtr Q&A

Ya I'm going to go to a big lake on Tuesday and I'll video it. I will get allot longer runs so I can get on plain and I'll move the right side inner trim tab down a turn. If those props are to much should I put the x440 on it? I will have my gps I hope by Monday tracking shows it should be delivered Monday so that way I can see if I get any better suited results with this setup or not.I can't wait to get this thing running right if I could ever get a long run in with out it wanting to chine walk or roll I think it will be really fast

Sounds good pm me your info so I can come out there phone number and I'll call you so we can meet up to play with the boats. I wish I had 2 2s packs that can handle the amp draw will have to order some. All my packs are 3s

Who do I tell to move this thread

All hulls have their "speed limit". It takes a lot of tuning/practice to bring that speed limit up at all, and even then it's only a little. I ran the same motor in my Cyberstorm on 5s, and with a M445 I can get 54mph and still "run right"(stable). Put an M545 on and I can get about 60mph in short straights but it torque rolls off the line, and if I stay on it, it will chine walk once it hits chop and become unstable, then I. It is more fun for me to keep it within the hulls limits(for my ability).
    I think you will find that anything over 50mph with your boat is going to be fun. Half the fun comes from running on the edge of the hull's stability/speed limt, regaurdless of what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackthrills View Post
    Who do I tell to move this thread
    I don't think you necessarily need to move it, just change the title to something less misleading.

Ya I'm in the process of building a fighter cat daytona and going to run twin monster motors and want to polish it to the edge then will cut it back a little. My is lack of experience and needing to learn to tune to get boat stable. My buddy is supposed to help me install the carbon fiber in my spartan which should help to make boat stable and stiffer. So we will see. My problem is I always l like to push everything to the breaking point.

I'm building a river cat SAW at the moment, myself.
    Good luck with your build. Don't rush it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zackthrills View Post
    Ya I'm in the process of building a fighter cat daytona and going to run twin monster motors and want to polish it to the edge then will cut it back a little. My is lack of experience and needing to learn to tune to get boat stable. My buddy is supposed to help me install the carbon fiber in my spartan which should help to make boat stable and stiffer. So we will see. My problem is I always l like to push everything to the breaking point.
    I don't think you need CF to reinforce the Spartan, the ABS is quite strong believe it or not. I have heard of Spartans crashing at 50+ and they are fine. I say this but oddly, my experience has been surprisingly different. I have 107 runs on my Spartan, no crashes and I had the rear transom start to separate at the bottom which was the source of a slow leak in the hull that perplexed me. I figured it out finally and I bought some locktite ABS glue and reinforced/repairs and its been perfect ever since. I guess it was a weak point in my boat, but overall the Spartan hull is solid with little flex. Plus it doesn't chip like fiberglass or shred like fiberglass in a major wreck.

Sounds good pm me your info so I can come out there phone number and I'll call you so we can meet up to play with the boats. I wish I had 2 2s packs that can handle the amp draw will have to order some. All my packs are 3s . Well I went out just ten min ago for a late night run I adjusted my trim tabs as advised and after a few runs I had her dialed I'm to the best of my night vision lol the fountain was off and I could see that there was only a ring about three feet around circle so I drive out and around it keeping my speed up and coming down the front stretch she was moving faster then I have been able to get her yet do to the roll effect. It handles great in the straight but taking right turns is very slow and wide left turn is fast and right. I'm going to mount my speedmaster rudder tomorrow so I can run on Tuesday and record it after some day time fine tuning and my gps will be here so we shall see if all my work has paid off. Well with the carbon fiber I am going to hold of on using it for now.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567