Thread: rudder sharpening

Default rudder sharpening

Ast night I sharpened my rudder and ran my boat for around 3 minutes and it cut off due to temps. Can someone tell me how you sharpened your rudder and maybe even post a picture please. Thanks!

What is your setup?
    I just use a file and sharpen it like I would a knife blade, also open up or elongate the inlet on the rudder.
    do you have your cooling hose entering the water jacket at the bottom and then out the top, and are you cooling your esc first.

Stock motor 4057 grim one 4s crossways in front of the motor and turnigy 120 esc. I'm at 1" and zero degrees on my strut. Since I posted this I took and opened up the trough for the water to travel through and I took a drill bit and used the back side of it to flare open the port hole for the water inlet. Seems to be at 120 degrees after 5 mins runtime. I am cooling my esc first.

Is this on a UL-1? as it was posted in that thread, the only reason I'm asking is that the UL-1 comes with a 2023 kv motor I believe.
    also is the water entering the motor jacket at the bottom and exits at the top, what prop are you using? try a smaller one an recheck temps.