Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Preferred rc radio Futaba or Spektrum or ?

One thing I like about the FlySky. It has a settable fail safe at the receiver for the throttle channel. It works very well. If you do manage to run far enough to go out of range the boat just stops and sits there. I have tried turning the transmitter off while running (not a good idea I know) and the boat just coasts to a stop. The instant you turn the transmitter back on the link is reestablished and away you go. For the price it's hard to find fault.

Fly sky here to.

I know it's off subject from op, but have you guys seen the new one with the fancy touch screen? I'm a sucker for the unnecessary fancy frill stuff :)

Tony, you've really hit the nail on the head for this thread..It's what I was eluding too when I showed the math. It's all about the build with boats.

All these companies use a particular spec to claim that their offering is the best. Spec x,y,z (pick your favorite) isn't going to make you a winner. The differences from one to the next are less than microscopic. All of them virtually undetectable by humans.

Turn 200 plus laps with a given hull. Twist it, tweak it, find that loose coupler, get the alignment on your shaft absolutely perfect and smooth as hot butter. Work on the bottom until it looks precision lapped. These will serve us much better than hand wringing over which radio has highest resolution, the fastest antenna switching, or the lowest latency. Find one that's reliable and you're comfortable with. Even the Tactic radios are reliable, predictable, and rock solid. More than that is just pampering yourself. No harm in doing that. Just don't lose sleep over it.

All that said, I may spoil myself and get the Airtronics next time I'm ready to invest. haha I like the feature list and they have a marine RX to go with the package. Pretty big drop of coin for a whole fleet though. Have to stew on that one a while. Maybe next season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234