Thread: ? About batteries/balancing/storage

Default ? About batteries/balancing/storage

Hello,

I have a Hitec X4 ac/dc charger

I balance charge my batteries the night before I run. (Sat night) I run my boats and all my packs every Sunday.

I get home and go through all the batteries in storage mode. (Sun night)

These batteries are 6 weeks old, I'm sitting here and I've got 4-packs reading less than 1.5 volts on one cell and 3.7 on the other.

The only thing I can think of is that I left the last 4 overnight, went to work the next day and did not remove them from he charger until that evening. Of course I read the screen and they all showed END.

You guys think that this could have been the problem? Anyone experienced this before?

Thanks,

Josh

Yea I think that was your problem. Never leave your lipo connected to the charger or esc. Always disconnect them when theyre done with whatever your using them for.

agree. you should never leave your Lipo connected to the charger or ESC.
    you also need to know the best way to store your batteries. here Is a link I am sure that will help you to store your batteries

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...tore_batteries

I found my blinky balancer. They are all balanced out now. I've put them on for a slow balance/charge in a well ventilated area and I'm standing watch.

Cool. Just keep an eye on it like you said. Just because you mistakenly discharge a lipo too much does not mean its garbage. It'll probably puff up a little bit but will likely give you plenty more runs. Good luck with it.