Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2013 NAMBA SAW Time-Trial - November 8th, 9th & 10th at Legg Lake!

Thanks Jay, now I have evidence it went fast with a prop on the back.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Great Job guys!
    It was definitely good seeing some of the old faces again and the new ones (Zeh Germans in da hauz)... I had a great 2 hours enjoying the company and seeing some REALLY REALLY fast boats. hopefully I will be able to actually race with y'all next time around...
    Again, congrats to all the participants.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Great vids, and Jay nice edit job on the bloopers. It really does fill in the story. Many of those crashes resulted in damage, I'm sure. Throw in the not-so-obvious-to-the-occasional-viewer shaft failures and lost props that Tyler mentioned, and the brain starts to count off C-Notes and tuning hours lost. At least mine does.
    Dave,

So true, and I lost several drives, props, etc myself (costly to be sure....but the price you pay in SAW racing).
    Thanks for all your dedication to FE racing...much appreciated

Here is a better quality Crash and Burn video - be sure to click on the HD button in the lower right.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...21813569&saved

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Here is higher quality video of Tyler's 133+ mph rigger. Again, click on the HD button to get the high quality version.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...21813569&saved

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Wow... I forgot just how cool that was to see. I can't WAIT until next March!! (April?)...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I have been very fortunate to witness so many people whom I have admired in these two days ( I could only be there for two days).
    One thing I have learned is the can-do spirit and the patience all these great racers have, and the positive attitude they show when something goes wrong. It may be a hobby, but when you are on this level, character counts!
    It is the highlight of my life and as Tony's newbie pit man, I have the exclusive use for "the chair" under Tony's clinic. Properchopper's psychotherapy tent.jpg

Tim,

You were a great pit man ! Who else would wade in fully dressed to clear my prop
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Hey Tony,

Thanks for all your moral support, videos and awesome prose as usual.

Here's a French Vanilla Cruller for your trouble
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslambo View Post
    Hey Tony,

Thanks for all your moral support, videos and awesome prose as usual.

Here's a French Vanilla Cruller for your trouble

I just drooled all over my keyboard !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Thanks Jay for posting the HD version.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Hello All,

Congratulation to all participants especially to those who made new records. I made Tony the JetChopper30.

Happy rc boating,

Leo

Hello Guys,

I also want to say thanks for an awesome NAMBA SAW Event '13. Its been a long way for me and Marko from Europe but it was a great weekend at the lake and to meet many of you at the lake (Tyler Garrard, Mark & Kim Grim, Brian N., Brian B., Tony, Fluid, Mr. Oxidean, Boyd, "Mr. Dynogy", Darin J. and many more, please dont be offended if I forgot someone to mention!). The weather was great, so was the organization and the lake.
    The two weeks before the event have been extremly busy, my boat had only one day of testing with its new setup at my home lake and Marko even had his maiden run directly at the SAW (except a flotation test in Brians pool so its been in the water but I wouldnt call it a maiden run). So especially for me it was quite a successful weekend, it might could have been faster and the setup showed to have extreme potential but I'm already very happy with the result and the speed. Only damage over the weekend was just a single ABC prop which almost disintegrated. The several bent rudderblades that Tyler mentioned were in fact only one blade which I had to bend out a couple of times. So this might also answer the question why the boat on some runs steered a little either to left or right. Next time I come I might bring some spares with me....

So thanks for the hospitality and the great event, keep the pictures and videos coming! Seems as I could entertain you with some stunts, maybe I can show you the
    Quote Originally Posted by properchopper
    highly elegant European "Whirling Dervish" Horizontal Dismount
    next time on purpose on a regular basis.

It was an exceptional event, if anyhow possible I want to come again someday!

regards,
    Manuel

PS: Special thanks goes to B.Neal for the invitation, the shuttle service, sharing equipment, Del Taco Crappo Egg burritos for breakfast and lots of other things....

Manuel,
    Great to meet you in person and talk FE shop face to face. Your Q-Cat was amazing and I'm sure you'll be back with greater speeds...smoking

Hope you guys can join us more often to keep raising the FE bar

Boyd

tyler, questions if you dont mind . what props are breaking on you? or at least what diameter ? are they too hard? how many rpm's are you turning and what drive system is faster, wire or cable in a T rigger? thanks

tyler, questions if you dont mind . what props are breaking on you? or at least what diameter ? are they too hard? how many rpm's are you turning and what drive system is faster, wire or cable in a S or T rigger? thanks

I was breaking Octura and ABC props. They were all hardened to what we thought were good levels of compromise between stiffness and ductility. Props ranged from 42mm to 50mm. The wire drive has more advantages for my setup, but I ran several fast passes with a flex cable as well. It all comes down to how you set it up. The RPM was very high, I will just leave it at that.

Tyler
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

when you run neu 1527 at high rpm in rigger saw do you need 8mm shaft or will the 5mm suffice?

Definitely 8mm on the 1527 at high speeds.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525

Neu will install 8MM shaft and bearings for $85.00
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Congragulations to the guys that set records !! you all look like you had some fun, and thanks for posting all the great pics AND VIDS thanks for the mention Boyd, ,,,,,,,,,, Chris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234