Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My take on the Top Speed 3 Conversion/Build

I don't think you could have asked yourself for a better job looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by kendt View Post
    The last time I had it out I had a couple issues and didn't get any real good runs. Those dam plugs on the back of the transom leak like crazy on mine. I have since corrected the issues and swapped out the motor for a dr mad thrust 3674.

Im hoping to have it out in the next cple days.

Great job on your build. I like how your cables mount. May have to steal that idea for my hotshot 45.
    Thanks, I am happy with the cable tubes, was going to run the tubes outside and enter near the servo, that way the cables are not inside but as I said, wanted to save weight.
    Can't wait to see your Hotshot 45 build, is it relatively straight forward to build? I want to try my hands on a wooden hull, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    I don't think you could have asked yourself for a better job looks great!
    Thank you for your kind words!

I finished the lids of the box, the front is a Lexan cover , I used E6000 Adhesive---Lexan doesn't adhere properly with CA nor Epoxy. I found that out awhile back, and thanks to Fluid, E 6000 does the job!
    DSCN3896_4079.jpg DSCN3897_4080.jpg DSCN3899_4082.jpg DSCN3906_4089.jpg DSCN3907_4090.jpg
    I need to mention that I owe many of the ideas to members who have done this before, so a thanks to everyone!
    Last edited by tlandauer; 06-30-2013 at 03:02 PM.

That turned out really nice. congrats!! I love mine and I've barely driven it.

I actually have two hotshot 45's . I have have the really early fiberglass version And a wooden sprint version. The FG one had a fire And is still waiting a new paint job. The wooden one I picked up locally and had the worst paint job I've ever seen. Its stripped and Im just fixing up a few things. Radio box is pretty much done. And then a quick paint job. It will have a leopard 4082 on it.

Thanks for the tips nice work , I just got a TS2 from Rookie on this site that i would like to convert I've always loved the way they handle . IMGA0012.jpgIMGA0015.jpg its has the same crack as yours did , is this there weak point
    Last edited by Savage Skidoo; 10-23-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Here's a good thread on a TS2 conversion.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ghlight=tunnel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12