Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flysky FS-GT3C

If I had one I would send it your way. Got my gt3-b before I got any dsm2 gear so I never got any of the marine receivers.

Kevin.
    Nsr customs.

here my experience with the flyfky, tactic and spectrum.
    a friend and i run at a pond that has quite a few dead spots. we dunno why, but…. ive lost signal at times with my tactic, he loses his spectrum quite often, and my flysky has lost signal the fewest amount of times out of all of them. i think once i lost it. i will say, the rx dont like getting wet, so a simple coating of waterproofing is simple enough. im happy with it. i just wish it had a red light or something on it, cause the display light goes off after a short period, and i forget its on. im using the gt3b

Ya it was the cost of the receivers that did it for me too. When I realized I could get a whole programmable radio system for little more than a receiver cost for my spektrum it was pretty much a no brainer.

I too have the FlySky from hobbypartz though and it has been absolutely fantastic for my Rustler VXL and all my boats. Loss of any signal results is the motor just stopping with no runaways. I can take it as far as I can see and never had any issues yet. I wired in a deans plug and use a Tx lipo pack from HK to reduce battery useage. My only complaint that I haven't figured out how to fix yet is on my Rustler, when braking it is like a pulsed brake not a constant brake like the stock Traxxas Tx/Rx had.

That pulsing may be because it has an abs setting and you have it set incorrectly. Or the settings in the radio are backwards. I heard stock firmware had a bug in it on on of the abs feature settings.

Kevin.
    Nsr customs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I will gladly take one or two mr200's off your hands of those so in love with Flysky radios
    LOL ditto. Only have spektrum and mr200's never an issue. You start wanting to get the cheap rx/tx then next thing you know it will be hk motor and speedy. "Electronics get copies" how many run birdie esc's do you have? :D

Been happy with my GT3-C so far, cant complain.

Quote Originally Posted by hyrulejedi86 View Post
    I too have the FlySky from hobbypartz though and it has been absolutely fantastic for my Rustler VXL and all my boats. Loss of any signal results is the motor just stopping with no runaways. I can take it as far as I can see and never had any issues yet. I wired in a deans plug and use a Tx lipo pack from HK to reduce battery useage. My only complaint that I haven't figured out how to fix yet is on my Rustler, when braking it is like a pulsed brake not a constant brake like the stock Traxxas Tx/Rx had.
    http://site.hobbypartz.com/manual/FS-GT3B-Manual.pdf

Go to page 22

Quote Originally Posted by 3b3b View Post
    Thanks for the link, I'll have to try this when I get home. I guess it doesn't matter in boats but on my Rustler I'll try all the settings and see which is closest to a smooth brake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12