Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flysky FS-GT3C

Default Flysky FS-GT3C

Hi, I am looking for a new radio and a new pair of rx for my boats

was thinking a bout buying the Flysky FS-GT3C
    Does any one have any experiance with the flysky are they worth buying, do they have any range problems in boats?

thanks for any input
    FC Cheetah TP4092 1600KV Dinogy 6s2p,Etti Envoy WE 3s, Rico Mono 31" T600 1400kv Dinogy 5100mAh 65c 6s1p
    Popeye Hydro T600 1400kv 6s1p

I bought the GT3B and several receivers, at first they were ok but soon I started having issues with run away boats. It now sits on the shelf as I prefer my Spektrum TX/RX's because they have proved to be dependable.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

The gt3c is awesome. Built in lipo and USB charging too. Never an issue with that or my gt3b.

I have been running the GT3-B for 2 years and no problems I didn't create. (Carbon fiber cowling) Range has been excellent. Some time ago there were some threads on the GT3-C having a switch problem? I do like the idea of it coming lipo equipped out of the box.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    I bought the GT3B and several receivers, at first they were ok but soon I started having issues with run away boats. It now sits on the shelf as I prefer my Spektrum TX/RX's because they have proved to be dependable.
    I really think there is a quality control issue with these. I have two, one that works well and another that has the same "run away" issue. I have heard of several issues with loss of control with this radio. I also know of a few that swear by them and have had no issues. I run a Spektrum DX4S for everything now.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

GT3-C on the way, will report back when it arrives
    FC Cheetah TP4092 1600KV Dinogy 6s2p,Etti Envoy WE 3s, Rico Mono 31" T600 1400kv Dinogy 5100mAh 65c 6s1p
    Popeye Hydro T600 1400kv 6s1p

I really hope u got the green versio!?!? Because they fixed the switch issue in the green one as apprised to the orange one! They put a little rubber piece instead of a plastic piece. I have a gt3b in my stuff right now had it for about 4-5 months now, mainly got it for the cheap rx, and they work perfectly for me!

Regarding the rx... you guys feeding it out of the hull or just keeping it inside?

Ive got two of the HK ones and have had a problem with one receiver, it stopped working, so i used a spare and binded that.
    I dont have my receiver sealed or anything, i just spend the $5 and buy a few spares

Quote Originally Posted by 3b3b View Post
    Regarding the rx... you guys feeding it out of the hull or just keeping it inside?
    I keep mine inside,

I have the FlySky GT3B and a Futaba 4PL. I find the range about the same with a slight edge going to the FlySky. I have the GT in 5 different boats with the antennas inside the hull. I don't understand this runaway thing with the FlySky as when I go out of range or loose signal all my boats just stop and sit there until the connection is restored. I have even tested by turning off the transmitter and the motor stops instantly. Turn the transmitter back on and it links very quickly. Also I can buy 8 Flysky receivers for one Futaba.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Guy View Post
    I have the FlySky GT3B and a Futaba 4PL. I find the range about the same with a slight edge going to the FlySky. I have the GT in 5 different boats with the antennas inside the hull. I don't understand this runaway thing with the FlySky as when I go out of range or loose signal all my boats just stop and sit there until the connection is restored. I have even tested by turning off the transmitter and the motor stops instantly. Turn the transmitter back on and it links very quickly. Also I can buy 8 Flysky receivers for one Futaba.

...agree, as long as you set the fail safe properly.

Quote Originally Posted by paultbg View Post

...agree, as long as you set the fail safe properly.
    Thanks, I forgot to mention about the fail safe. Very easy to set on the FlySky

I had the fail safe set and also bought the kit to upgrade the radio. But after 2 different boats with several receiver changes I stoped using it.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Last time out there were 5 of us running. 3 Spektrum users and 2 HK users, one 2 channel one 3 channel.
    The HK radios BOTH found a dead spot at our pond, the Spektrum users didn't.
    Not sure why, last 3 or 4 seasons the HK radios seemed perfect, this year something must have changed at our spot.
    Maybe the dual antennae on the MR Spektrum RX's were able to maintain signal quality?
    Strange whatever the cause.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Actally the deadspot was with my spectrum. I wasn't using my hk that day.

OK one of each then, no issues yesterday...
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Cool

Flysky users at our pond with internal antennas occasionally find dead spots on the course, not so with Futaba or Spektrum. Even Futaba FM radios had no problems.

I cannot understand the fascination with cheap radios. Gas racers I know have sold their FASST and Airtronics radios - which always worked perfectly - to buy cheap Flyskys. Now some of them have control issues. Makes no sense to me.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I have a friend using spectrum and he finds dead spots.

The main reason for going with "cheap" radios is its 8$ per receiver compared to 80$ per with some "name brand" radios.
    Just works out better on the wallet. I have both spectrum and a gt3-b I use the gt3 more because I have 10 receivers for it and it works fine with any type of vehicle. I have my firmware updated and use 8ch receivers. They seem to offer slightly better range.
    Kevin.
    Nsr customs.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZ71 View Post
    The main reason for going with "cheap" radios is its 8$ per receiver compared to 80$ per with some "name brand" radios.
    Just works out better on the wallet. I have both spectrum and a gt3-b I use the gt3 more because I have 10 receivers for it and it works fine with any type of vehicle. I have my firmware updated and use 8ch receivers. They seem to offer slightly better range.
    Kevin.
    Nsr customs.
    I always wondered what they put in the $80 receivers that makes them cost so much more. It's not like the $8 ones don't work, they work just as well if not better.

The expensive ones are different on the outside not the inside.. its that small sticker or emblem that makes the price so high.. I'm gonna start slappin futaba logos on all my radio gear and see if it makes a difference :p

Kevin.
    Nsr customs.

I'm gonna put NASA stickers on mine

Flysky works ok, im not a fan. Go race a touring car, or a 2wd buggy and see if you don't through that flysky in the garbage. Just saying guys, you're not just paying for a brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by Heaving Earth View Post
    I'm gonna put NASA stickers on mine
    Too funny...

They may not be quite as good as the higher end radios but for the most part mine is pretty darn good and has a lot of features for the price.

Really.. Tell me why they don't work good in a buggy

I guess I should of put "race" in quotation marks.

I "raced" shortcourse for 2 years competitively and I refuse to use a spectrum receiver in a race vehicle. When you get 30 name brand radios running in close proximity you have more problems with interference then the budget radios ever thought of having.
    When it all comes down to it if you prefer name brand and can afford it then go for it. If ya can't then these radios work great. There's no need to argue who's radio is better it doesn't matter.. if it works it works..

Kevin.
    Nsr customs.

I don't think you need too much more than steering and throttle to "race" a boat. I have Futaba FAAST and Nomadio's on the shelf and use the Fly-Skys more and more. Why? inexpensive compact receivers that have great range. Electronics get copied and also get a lot cheaper every year. The laptop you paid $400 for was thousands just a few years back. Our name brand radios haven't gone down much ever? Your money your choice.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

I will gladly take one or two mr200's off your hands of those so in love with Flysky radios
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast