Thread: Supervee 27r help

Default Supervee 27r help

Hello, I am seeming to have a problem. My girlfriend bought me a supervee 27r last week for my birthday and I bought new batteries. Went to try it and I could not get it to plane. Recharged the batteries and moved them forward to help with weight to the front. Tried it again and still would not plane. I brought it home prop was already adjusted to as low as it goes and I made a video of how it sounds now. If you give it throttle it does not stay high throttle it jumps.

http://youtu.be/mgfpaRrSsLE

Batteries are dtx 4600 mag nmih. Charging with super brain 959 from Mrc

Thank, craig

Is this the current version? I can't hear anything wrong when you blip the throttle in the vid. though. When you say jump, do you mean the motor doesn't sustain WOT?
    Not planing has nothing to do with your motor not operation full. Moving the batteries forward would make everything worse! Your COG should be 27%-30% measured from the transom. What prop are you using?
    I asked if it's current version because if it is and your ESC is not set to nmih, the ESC might have lvc kicked in.

It is the current version. Yea if you hold the throttle it does not stay wot. Didn't read anything about setting esc to nmih, so maybe that would be my problem? And I'll move the batteries back I guess. Aqua craft wants me to send the boat back under warranty but that's why I posted here, I'd rather ask. So I'll look up how to set esc to nmih. Do you also know an easy way?

Thanks again, craig

I have to apologize, I stand corrected, as I just read their manual, even this so-called current version ESC is factory set with nimh. I thought the SV27R is set to run on lipo and thay's why I suggested that you should check the setting. To be honest with you, you will be better off if someone else tells you what should be done. I have the ESC from the UL-1 and I thought it is the same.
    Maybe your best bet is to send it back and get a new one.
    I am sorry to have offered info. that might not have applied to your boat, regarding the COG, best to keep it in that ball park.

Oh ok, we'll I appreciate your input anyways. I'm gonna check all settings I ordered a different prop. But thinking I should just send it in

Unless AQ has changed the ESC and I don't think they have...the ESC doesn't have a LVC..that's why they don't recommend using lipos. The ESC in not programmable..you can use it and add a LVC or change out to UL-1 ESC or use one that is programmable with built in LVC. I bought one a couple years ago and that's what I did..it ran perfect. As far as a prop...the Grim 42 x 55 is good but the Octura X642 is even better...both need to be sharpened and balanced...you can buy em from OSE sharpened and balanced...plenty good for a beginner.

Ok cook, yea I was going to upgrade to lipo next year but this year just want it to run normal. Even stock prop on smooth water it won't plane. Got it to plane once. That's it