Thread: Miss Geico 29 Electronics Questions.

Default Miss Geico 29 Electronics Questions.

Probably been asked before but I am new to boats but not rc. Been doing some reading and long story short I need an esc and motor replacement for my otherwise stock MG 29. I have moded the strut to move it up. Help level it out. Kintec offset strut ordered.

Looking at the Seaking 180 ESC and the Leopard 4074 2000kv. I assume that kv will work but what prop with that on 4s

Yes I know the 180 is probably overkill.

Tips, comments, suggestions?

I think that esc is a good match-- I am not a fan of the 120a esc compared to the stock esc (which I really like for stock motor and 4s)

I have not run this motor on the geico but I do run a 2030kv ul1 on a 27" hydro and also opc. On my hydro m445 gives great speed but runs my connectors too hot (using aq 60a esc). I bet with that esc you would have no problem with that prop on 4s.

My 2200kv mono uses an x440 on 4s.

Chief

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I chatted with Steven and we settled on a Seaking 180, Leopard 4082 2000kv and a CNC 1.69" x 2.30" prop. Still on 4S. Should all be here tomorrow.

Hello, first time post and a rookie so please take it easy on me.
    Just got the MG29 V2 and waiting on the turnigy marine 180 esc to arive, would like to see some wiring connection diagram's if anyone have got any, also anything else that might be of interest.
    balanced and lightened x642 prop with upgraded flex shaft, 2x Turnigy 5000mah x 3s 65-130 bats, read on hear to change to 5.5mm bullets so there going on, thanks in advance, oh any idea what speed I can expect with this set up would be good to hear.

Rasp

Quote Originally Posted by Shane_744 View Post
    Thanks. I chatted with Steven and we settled on a Seaking 180, Leopard 4082 2000kv and a CNC 1.69" x 2.30" prop. Still on 4S. Should all be here tomorrow.

Looks like a nice setup

Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Rasp View Post
    Hello, first time post and a rookie so please take it easy on me.
    Just got the MG29 V2 and waiting on the turnigy marine 180 esc to arive, would like to see some wiring connection diagram's if anyone have got any, also anything else that might be of interest.
    balanced and lightened x642 prop with upgraded flex shaft, 2x Turnigy 5000mah x 3s 65-130 bats, read on hear to change to 5.5mm bullets so there going on, thanks in advance, oh any idea what speed I can expect with this set up would be good to hear.

Rasp
    Miss G 1500KV motor on 6S = 33.3KV RPM which is a sweet spot IMHO. On x642 you should be mid 50's. Good call on 5.5 bullets and 180A ESC-- you will have a fast and reliable setup.

On the wiring---
    Change your lipos to 5.5 mm bullets as well. Put the female bullet on the Lipo positive lead, and the male bullet on the Lipo negative lead.
    On the ESC, do the opposite-- put the female bullet on the negative lead, and the male bullet on the positive lead.
    On the motor the order does not matter... I put the males on the motor side and females on the ESC side.
    This way you can ditch the harness-- to run 2 packs in serial you would plug one lipo positive lead directly into the other lipo negative lead, then connect the remaining leads to the ESC. Getting rid of the harness removes resistance from the system.

Let me know if this makes sense...

Chief

Quote Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
    Miss G 1500KV motor on 6S = 33.3KV RPM which is a sweet spot IMHO. On x642 you should be mid 50's. Good call on 5.5 bullets and 180A ESC-- you will have a fast and reliable setup.

On the wiring---
    Change your lipos to 5.5 mm bullets as well. Put the female bullet on the Lipo positive lead, and the male bullet on the Lipo negative lead.
    On the ESC, do the opposite-- put the female bullet on the negative lead, and the male bullet on the positive lead.
    On the motor the order does not matter... I put the males on the motor side and females on the ESC side.
    This way you can ditch the harness-- to run 2 packs in serial you would plug one lipo positive lead directly into the other lipo negative lead, then connect the remaining leads to the ESC. Getting rid of the harness removes resistance from the system.

Let me know if this makes sense...

Chief
    Thanks Chief, you don't realise how much that just helped me, I think I might just get into this boating buisness...

I have read on the forums that people have had problems fitting the teflon liner of the Kintec upgraded flex shaft and wondered if this is still the case or if this hase been sorted now with the MG V2.
    Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.