Thread: Christmas giveaway mean machine build

Default Christmas giveaway mean machine build

As some of you know we have a Christmas gifting tradition of sorts here on the forum. This year they decided to have a raffle for the participants. And my name was drawn for a brand new mean machine hull. I will post pictures and details here as I figure out how this awesome hull will be set up. This will be my first quality hull and I want to build it right, so I'm turning to the pros here on ose for hardware and power plant system suggestions. I am not looking to run saw and I don't really plan to race. I have access to a nice size private lake that my friends and I play at so I would like to be competitive with their setups (bj26 ss's). That being said I do have a bp 1500kv motor and a swordfish 120a esc. How will that gear work out in here?
    Thanks for any help and thanks for everyone who participated in the Christmas gifting.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

competitive? you could run circles around them….
    i run a castle 1515 1y and seeking 180 on 5s and m642. I'm hitting 60 with full throttle turns.

yea i know its a seriously fast hull. as far as hardware and power is concerned im kinda clueless and my budget is pretty tight. but ill figure it out.

you're probably gonna need a bit more power than that pb motor to get it moving at a good clip. its a wide hull.

i ran it on a leo 4074 2200kv with m445 on 4s for quite some time and got 50mph. thats a relatively affordable setup

the swordfish may be ok to run on a leo 4074 motor, but i don't really know the answer.

I think the PB motor would run fair. It would be a start anyway. It is a 30" hull is it not,with narrower ride pads so less friction once on plane than a MG or BJ. JMO though.

yeah i mean it would get him into the 30's at least.

as for hardware, i like etti mounts. they're adjustable and can accept a ton of motors.
    i like speed master hardware. my setup has the hydro bracket, round bottom, and the rudder is mono bracket, so its set back. works well for me.

I have a water cooled mount from ose. Might be able to use that. It doesnt have the rear ring support tho.
    Ive seen the speedmaster stuff, looks nice.

Hull arrived yesterday! Ill get pictures up some time this week. Work has me pretty busy right now.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

PIX!!!
    sorry no updates.
    when i get something done ill update.
    2014-01-18 19.14.04.jpg
    2014-01-18 19.14.14.jpg
    2014-01-18 19.14.38.jpg

Tell you what if you build this thing ill wrap it for you if you'd want.
    Or ill help you make the decals for it.
    No charge. If we wrap all I ask if you pay the price of the vinyl.
    We can discuss through PMs if you want.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I was thinking about that when I snapped those pix. Definitely needs a windshield and scoop detail. Ill pm ya soon with some ideas ill cover materials either way.
    Thanks!