Thread: 6s Cheetah prop options

Default 6s Cheetah prop options

Hello all,
    Im building my first Cheetah. It will have a Neu 1520 (1577 KV) motor, T180, running on 6S. Im blue printing the hull, to flatten out the last step to help it not run wet. I plan on running a dual cooling setup.
    Im not racing, but I would like to go 60+ MPH.

Because I cant just use some carbon props without them breaking, What is a good choice to start?
    Is a CNC 5014 (looks like a X450) a good place to start, or is that too big?

Other member have had good results with 50 mm prop:
    Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    with my Neu 1527/1Y 1250Kv I can get well into the 60's for 4 minute offshore runs on 50-52mm props can go even bigger or pitch up the prop for more speed.
    Can I just put on larger and larger props till temps become a problem? What is the upper limit on prop size for this hull?
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

You will note that the quote you posted is for a motor with a Kv of 1250. That's a big difference from your 1577Kv motor (7000 rpm), the 1250 motor can deliver more torque and turn a bigger prop. My suggestion in the Octura line would be an x645 or x646. Those have the potential to push the cat to 60+ mph but should help to keep temps in check. A 50mm prop might be too much depending on how you set up the hull, or it might work. Try the smaller props first.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for