Thread: HobbyWing Seaking-120A/Turnigy Marine HELP !?

Question HobbyWing Seaking-120A/Turnigy Marine HELP !?

HobbyWing Seaking-120A/Turnigy Marine HELP !?

Second run on this ESC, it stopped in the middle of the pond, no response, at first I thought I had a radio problem, but then I was getting a response, but weird, like my input was delayed, could just get it back to shore.
    I checked the radio all is OK.
    But now the ESC is brain dead, I get a beep interval of about 2 seconds (according to the manual a signal problem)
    The internal BEC still works
    I checked output signal on the RX, is OK
    If I connect the ESC to program card I can not program anything.
    I tried re-calibrating, but I can't even get in the set-up mode.

Known issue? Any fixes?

Edit:
    Also: It's not been under any stress at all, still setting up my new tunnel hull so it's under-propped and on 4s instead of 6s.
    System is literally running cold. Not a drop of water in the hull either.
    Last edited by viper1; 06-11-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Bugger! I have an sk90 that died dead, in a miss elam, pb 1500kv motor, I thought I'd give it a go on 6s, two laps and nada. It may just be a dud, in which new esc will fix the problem, after all they are not very expensive. I have wondered if mine could be brought back to life with some new caps though. Hopefully someone else might have a better theory for you though.

Contact the seller for an exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
    Contact the seller for an exchange.
    Not an option for two reasons, 1) not very economical given the cost of postage vs cost of item.
    2) I modified this one from new, no warranty (see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840066) post#52

UPDATE;

Not a drop of water in the hull I mentioned in the OP, but after cutting the heat shrink open I noticed there was moisture inside the ESC. After spraying with CRC and blow-drying VOILA she came alive !! All good.
    Will shrink it again and seal the ends with silicone this time. I thought I did but "in the heat of finishing" must have forgotten.