Thread: Tested a Grim 42x55 on bone stock impulse 31

Default Tested a Grim 42x55 on bone stock impulse 31

The boat seemed to run just a little faster with the 42x55 (no GPS handy) but the temps were up just a bit over stock on the motor and esc 112-115 but the stock motor conectors were 135-138. I need to upgrade to some larger bullets and go a different route. I borrowed that prop, but can't see buying one for almost no noticible gain.

was this prop balanced and sharpened?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Hi everyone,
    I'planning to buy the Impulse 31 V2 so i want to know what is the common issue of this boat.
    Because the same setup is on the Spartan (1800kv Motor+80AMP ESC), they gave it as compatible with 6s, but anyone who run it on 6s burned stock ESC.
    So I would like to know if someone had experiences in that way.
    Any observation will be appreciated.
    Thanks all, Niky.

Hi everyone, again me,
    it looks to me that lot of claims is coming from people who ran the Imp. on 6s (stock setup), but... what about 4s?
    How the Imp. behave on 4s stock setup, I mean with all original components, no upgraded pieces?
    Thanks again, Niky.

Jim: It was not. This was a bone stock prop off a new Revolt 30. Does sharpen and balance make that much of a difference? I've never run a sharpend prop.

Niky: I don't have any experience with the V2 Impulse, but the V1 is set up perfect for 4S. I'm running 6200 MAH 50C 2s (x2) in the boat and it runs great, all day fun, and no worries of frying any of the components. Everything stays cool. My boat is all stock. It has the 60 Amp ESC. I have heard that people are having much better luck with the V2 on 6s than the Spartan.

It makes a world of diference
    Billy Graham

Thanks Jim. Any suggestions on where to buy props already sharpened and balanced? (Looks like everything on OSE is out of stock)

Keep an eye on OSE He will get them back in stock. There are also several on the forum that will balance and sharpen the existing prop for you
    Billy Graham

I've been looking at CNC props here on OSE. Can I run a 45mm on my impulse with just upgrading the connectors? Will the 60 Amp Esc handle it? I'm running 50C batteries Here are the specs: Diameter Total Pitch
    45mm (1.77") 2.52

Scooter B : 4s,5s or 6s ?
    makes a big difference !!

would certainly not use the 45mm on 6S, that esc with 60a is not going to last a long time

Sorry. 4s only with this set up.

J.W. Pepper Guest

Post Get Seaking ESC

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
    I've been looking at CNC props here on OSE. Can I run a 45mm on my impulse with just upgrading the connectors? Will the 60 Amp Esc handle it? I'm running 50C batteries Here are the specs: Diameter Total Pitch
    45mm (1.77") 2.52
    Scooter,
    Regardless of what other mods you make, I would replace the stock ESC with a Seaking 90A unit or higher. The SK's are much better quality, and a hella-la-va lot easier to program as well.

I went with the 90A unit my v1 impluse, gives 80% overhead (stock motor on 4S), recommeded is 30~50%, so I have lots of headroom.

JMO

I run mine on 6s with a 180 turnigy esc
    What prop would work best?