Thread: Battery charger for 2 - 4S batteries

Default Battery charger for 2 - 4S batteries

Like the title says...

What is the best value charger if I am only going to charge 2 4S batteries at the same time. Also no power supplies. I want one that plugs directly into wall outlet at home

Thanks for the input

The Dura Trax only charges up to 3s, heads up.
    You need to have a price threshold:
    option #1, you can buy two chargers at a lower price per unit but they will only be powered by external DC power source.
    Option #2,if you want to get a duo charger with AD/DC feature, and be able to charge up to 4s lipo, you could possibly pay more than option #1.

Thanks for the info. That HiTec piece would work great. Not bad price at all...

rhgraphix.
    That Hitec charger is only rated to 50W per channel. Although it's probably a good charger, it will not charge a 5000mah pack even at 1C. About 3.5 Amps is all it will charge at for that size pack.
    If you are wanting to charge 2 packs together to save time, (I assume you are) then this one might be better. Basically the same charger under a different name, but rated to 80W per channel, and will charge at 7 amps. Slightly better than 1C. Cheaper too.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-DC-QUA...32b9d76&_uhb=1

I have no experience with either charger so I can't say whether they are good or bad.

All the best.
    Paul.

Thanks for the info. This is why I asked. I knew someone would know much more of the technical side.