Thread: bj 29 motor/batt/prop combo

Default bj 29 motor/batt/prop combo

hey guys running a bj 29 with the stock 1800kv motor with the stock 80a esc and turning a x642 s&b prop and have 2x 3s 5000mah 45c hyperions ive been running it on. my question is that if i switch over to high timing should i prop down to the x442 i have or can i stay with the x642? i have hit 125 degrees on the motor but that was after running it all day in mild chop and a few all out runs. also i will be repairing my old bj29 that split right down the left sponson seam so if anyone has some high quality epoxy resin for fiberglass and carbon please let me know. i just need enough to put a thin layer of cf on and laminate it

J.W. Pepper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angrycat View Post
    hey guys running a bj 29 with the stock 1800kv motor with the stock 80a esc and turning a x642 s&b prop and have 2x 3s 5000mah 45c hyperions ive been running it on. my question is that if i switch over to high timing should i prop down to the x442 i have or can i stay with the x642? i have hit 125 degrees on the motor but that was after running it all day in mild chop and a few all out runs. also i will be repairing my old bj29 that split right down the left sponson seam so if anyone has some high quality epoxy resin for fiberglass and carbon please let me know. i just need enough to put a thin layer of cf on and laminate it
    I have the same motor in my IM-31-v1, I run mine at 11.25° timing (Seaking 90A ESC). High timing will both make your motor run much hotter & reduce your runtimes according to the Proboat program card instructions... http://www.proboatmodels.com/ProdInf...ing_Module.pdf

If you plan on staying with 6S power, I would suggest replacing the stock ESC with a Seaking 120A ESC, much more reliable and far better able to handle the voltage / amp load your running.

I haven't damaged my boat, so no comment on the repair question.

Hope that helps...