Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***NEW*** Pro Boat Impulse 9 and BlackJack 9 RTRs

WOW I am impressed!
    you say 2s lipo is 2 times as fast!! ( what size lipos you fit in there?)
    Now I can't wait for my 2 boats to come in!!

Need lipo video!!

THANKS
    Last edited by SweetZ28; 08-11-2013 at 12:05 AM.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

just got the black jack and the impulse. ran it in the pool it is almost to fast and then i put lipos in it......WOW!!! fast for a 9" boat. lots of fun!!!

I am running 300mah lipos not quite heavy enough to balance it out but run time is double the stock battery

Got mine the other day and I took them out for a run it was windy and very choppy water I am surprised how well these little guy's handled it and ran very well!!
    here they are in action!

:p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

I dont see them in action

Picked the bj9 up this weekend, got about 1 min on plane pretty slow before the stock battery started pooping out.
    Anybody have a specific battery recommendation? Preferably HK USA warehouse.
    Thanks!
    This is NOT a toy?!?

Quote Originally Posted by capnswanny View Post
    Picked the bj9 up this weekend, got about 1 min on plane pretty slow before the stock battery started pooping out.
    Anybody have a specific battery recommendation? Preferably HK USA warehouse.
    Thanks!
    I use the 500mah 2s sky lipos from hobbypartz, they fit great and give a ton of run time, the 350s also work fine but i like the runtime i am getting witht th 500s. both are super cheap!

Just got a blackjack 9 love it

I have bee running a blackjack 9 and impulse 9 for a few weeks with my son. We were unimpressed with the stock speed and run time. We have since upgraded to a lipo battery (eflite 2s, 300 mah, 35c) in each and the improvement is incredible. Runtime is easily three times longer than the stock battery and the boats are much faster.
    Proboat Blackjack 9, Impulse 9, Impulse 31, Crownline 215SS "Barracuda-C"

Flash is trash. Speed is king.

I found some 2s lipo's at HK...I agree, way faster and longer run time. I did notice however that the motor got really hot. Anyone notice the same thing?
    This is NOT a toy?!?

I've had the Impulse9 for a couple weeks now and it is a great little boat in the pool. Handles well in my new-to-rc-boating opinion and has been a fun experience. So much so that I picked up the Blackjack9 and ran that for the first time today. It takes a touch longer to get up on plane and didn't handle the light waves in the pool as well as the Impulse in that it porpoises quite a bit. They are both cool little products.

We just ran both boats together with the lipos then the stock batteries. I think the stock batteries improve with cycling on a real charger. Both boats were significantly faster on the stock batteries than I remember them as when new. Or maybe this is the motors breaking in?

I do have a question. I deliberately overloaded the impulse and it seemed like the speed control went into an overheat protection mode. Do these speed controls have that feature? Or am I in it for a new speed control receiver combo?

I don't know for sure about any kind of overload protection, but I would doubt it. I would make sure its not the motor that's fried first. Just disconnect the ESC from the motor and touch a 6v battery straight to the motor leads, if the motor spins over fine it's more than likely the ESC. I noticed after one run on LIPO that the motor was very hot, but the ESC was cool as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Bill View Post
    We just ran both boats together with the lipos then the stock batteries. I think the stock batteries improve with cycling on a real charger. Both boats were significantly faster on the stock batteries than I remember them as when new. Or maybe this is the motors breaking in?

I do have a question. I deliberately overloaded the impulse and it seemed like the speed control went into an overheat protection mode. Do these speed controls have that feature? Or am I in it for a new speed control receiver combo?
    This is NOT a toy?!?

I haven't seen any big temps out of the motor, but it is September and water here is about 60 deg f. I haven't really been checking the esc. The motor was running, but it seemed to be in a limp home mode with no speed. I'll try it again next weekend and see what happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12