Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The day after

Default The day after

It's the day after the holiday and everything is still the same. The US Gov. and it's people are ruining the country. So delete away Mods and save the planet.

Just stand back, and watch it happen. Do what I have done, give up. For there is nothing you, or I can do to stop it. You cannot unflush this toilet.
    With the approaching darkening gloom, take heart in the knowledge that your dog is finally getting enough cheeze. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faU-SK0pHCI

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    Just stand back, and watch it happen. Do what I have done, give up. For there is nothing you, or I can do to stop it. You cannot unflush this toilet.
    With the approaching darkening gloom, take heart in the knowledge that your dog is finally getting enough cheeze. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faU-SK0pHCI

Since you are retired, why not run for office?

Just 2 years of college, that's why. But thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JrValente View Post
    Since you are retired, why not run for office?

I was thinking, when the US dollar is worthless, what will happen to Canada?

Read this today, it said Andy Rooney wrote it, I have no idea. I thought is was cool.

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December.
    I don't agree with Darwin , but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his theory of evolution.

Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered in any way because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game.

So what's the big deal?

It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire Book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game.

But it's a Christian prayer, some will argue.

Yes, and this is the United States of America , and Canada , countries founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1.
    So what would you expect --
    Somebody chanting Hare Krishna?

If I went to a football game in Jerusalem ,
    I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.

If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad,
    I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer.

If I went to a ping pong match in China ,
    I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha.
    And I wouldn't be offended. It wouldn't bother me one bit.

When in Rome ....

But what about the atheists? Is another argument.

What about them?

Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer! Or, just exercise their right to leave this country!

Unfortunately, one or two will call their lawyer.
    One or two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations.

Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights.
    Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating, to pray before we go to sleep.
    Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing.
    Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying.

God, help us. And if that last sentence offends you, well, just sue me.

The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we tell that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard that the vast majority doesn't care what they want!

It is time that the majority rules!

It's time we tell them, "You don't have to pray; you don't have to say the Pledge of Allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him.
    That is your right, and we will honor your right;
    But by golly,
    You are no longer going to take our rights away.
    We are fighting back, and we WILL WIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by sjslhill View Post
    Just 2 years of college, that's why. But thanks for the idea.
    Just lie on your resume like the other politicians....

Things will come back around. When the economy is down, everyone is worried about themselves. No one wants their entitlements taken away. Once the economy picks back up. People will notice the looming storm clouds overhead and the country will do something about it. Keep the faith!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Just lie on your resume like the other politicians....

20130527_162914.jpg

SV-27 Happy ending to a fun day!
    I always like a kayak ride :)
    This is NOT a toy?!?

Quote Originally Posted by capnswanny View Post
    20130527_162914.jpg

SV-27 Happy ending to a fun day!
    I always like a kayak ride :)
    Better buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

I'm in the process of converting all my RC over to 5.5mm...guess this one is next
    That 2300Kv Ammo sure kicks it up a notch or two !
    This is NOT a toy?!?

????
    Am l missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by capnswanny View Post
    I'm in the process of converting all my RC over to 5.5mm...guess this one is next
    That 2300Kv Ammo sure kicks it up a notch or two !
    It is the motor Steven recommend, and sold to me a long, long, long, time ago. Hmmm, maybe I'll knock the cobwebs of my SV-27, apply some duct tape here, and there, and take her out for a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    ????
    Am l missing something here?
    Nope, not a all. Pull up a chair, crack a beer, and sit a spell.
    Segue: To make a transition without interruption from one activity, topic, scene, or part to another, OR, serious thread derailment.

Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    Nope, not a all. Pull up a chair, crack a beer, and sit a spell.
    Segue: To make a transition without interruption from one activity, topic, scene, or part to another, OR, serious thread derailment.
    Thank you, my friend! I dig the new scene!
    BTW, I always wondered about that motor, now I know, thanks!

Thank you, my friend! I dig the new scene!
    BTW, I always wondered about that motor, now I know, thanks!
    An inexpensive little dynamo, 6 pole IIRC. Put it in a small lightweight boat, and feed it with around 18volts, and it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no,---
    It's gone.

The SV-27 is probably the most fun of any boat ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    The second boat I bought, and it looks like death warmed over. Maybe that is what makes it so much fun. I will do stuff with it that I would never do with a 1, or 2 thousand dollar boat.
    I drive it like I couldn't care less if it makes it back to shore or not, and I don't. But it always does, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Of all the boats in the stable an SV27 always end up at the lake with me!

This one in particular started out looking like death warmed over:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...tup&highlight=

I've begun to truly appreciate the paint scheme after running it into a rock at a quarry pond...I filled and faired with icing, then squirted on the clear coat. The more repairs I do, the more "Hot Rod" it looks :)
    This is NOT a toy?!?

Yes, it's great that we all the China stuff

More than two dozen top weapons systems -- including the Patriot missile defense program, the V-22 Osprey, the Black Hawk helicopter and the Navy’s new Littoral Combat Ship -- were compromised by a widening Chinese cyber espionage campaign, according to a new military report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/...#ixzz2UccG3kOb

hahahahahahaaaaaa! I love it. Jesus loves ya, bud.

My SV (my third SV actually) always goes with me as well...not the fastest, or the most stable, but the most "entertaining" by far.

I'll always have one in the fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by sjslhill View Post
    Yes, it's great that we all the China stuff

More than two dozen top weapons systems -- including the Patriot missile defense program, the V-22 Osprey, the Black Hawk helicopter and the Navy’s new Littoral Combat Ship -- were compromised by a widening Chinese cyber espionage campaign, according to a new military report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/...#ixzz2UccG3kOb
    Just cool your jets. This story was merely meant to be a distraction, or may have another purpose?, (never let a crisis go to waste, even if you have to create one). You can't possibly believe we would leave such sensitive materials just laying around on the coffee table do you? Certain design plans are moved by courier, not Email. I'm sure computers are used and info is stored on them, but trust me, those computers aren't hooked up to the world wide web. Years ago, when I was in the service, had a security clearance, and worked on missile systems, you couldn't crack our day to day codes, let alone get close to the really good stuff. Even in WWII we had some pretty tight security. The only real security breach that I know of is when Bill Clinton sold our satellite, and ICBM targeting systems to the Chinese for some campaign cash.
    Oh, the world as you know it, is still about to end,------- just not today.

You think I should buy the bare hull from Tower ( $109) and just have fun with it? Been thinking about it for a long time, most people say negative things about the hull, ( rolls ) today I am pleased to hear that you guys are positive about the SV27. Just want something that I can drive the heck out of it and not worry. Like what you guys saying...

You think I should buy the bare hull from Tower ( $109) and just have fun with it? Been thinking about it for a long time, most people say negative things about the hull, ( rolls ) today I am pleased to hear that you guys are positive about the SV27. Just want something that I can drive the heck out of it and not worry. Like what you guys saying...
    NO!! definitely not. At one time the SV27 was the cats meow, there really wasn't any RTR mono's out there that could touch it. Consequently every Tom, Dick, and Harry had, or still has one. Those of us that still have ours, use them as,--- how should I put this mildly, BASHERS. Fairly frequently I will see them being sold for as little as $100 complete, $150, or $200 could get you a nice one with mods. No one that I know of would set out to build one now, even if they had most of the parts just laying around. Not with all the better riding, more maneuverable, deeper vee's that are out there now. The SV27 is a very shallow bottom vee, but if you happen to have a near glass surface, and you run them a bit wet, they can scoot along quite nicely. But watch out, somewhere up above 45mph they are pron to take off, and when they do, they really take off!

Thank you VERY MUCH for your opinion. Much appreciated!

They are the most fun you can have for 3D boating.

A flurry of anti-fracking bills in California is standing in the way of an estimated 15 billion barrels of oil and the possible creation of millions of jobs and major domestic energy supply contributions. That's the way CA, kill the oil jobs and have $5 a gallon gas.

Yes, Government is under control. I hope everyone enjoys their day at work paying taxes to give welfare to the dead people's family members. And yes, I am retired but my wife is not and pays taxes. We have 1.3 million on welfare here in KY. 25% of the people.

A state audit has revealed that Massachusetts has given out $18 million in “questionable public assistance benefits” in recent years, in cases that included the distribution of benefits to more than 1,160 people who were either dead or using the Social Security number of a deceased person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast