Thread: Ul1 running one lipo

Default Ul1 running one lipo

Does or has anyone run one 4s lipo instead of two 2s

Yeah, I do.

I use one 4s1p lipo: Robbe ZY 30C 4000mAh, fits perfect against the front of the boat.

In combination with 40/3 prop about 5,5 - 6 minutes runnning.

Bastiaan

Ok. Thanks bastiaan. Where do u have your esc. Stock locale?

I use a swordfish 120A esc, but original works just fine for that.

Original centre of gravity with 2s2p lipo's is about 3"-3"1/4 behind back of the sponsons, with one lipo you're going to shift the COG forward.
    With just one 4s1p, mounted sideways in/to the front, the COG is about 1,5" (38mm) behind the back of the sponsons,
    this should be the setting of them racing hydro's (to prevent to much lift @ higher speeds). Tough i never have problems with getting in plane.

When i slide the lipo backwards, about 15mm (0,7") in front of the engine, the COG moves to about 2,5" behind the sponsons.

I use a Tenshock 40mm 3-blade prop, with GPS i stated 78 km/h = 48 m/h, with horizontal strut @ 0,9".
    Last edited by Bastiaan; 05-29-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: added original COG

When you are talking about the horizontal strut where exactly do you get that measurement? I'm new to these boats and know nothing about them, I bought a turnigy 120a esc and running a 4s lipo sideways in front of the motor.

When you place your boat on a table, only resting on the tips of the pontons AND on the strut (not on the prop), is the vertical angle on the back of the strut exact vertical (thus your axle and prop horizontal).

If you have questions about this, please read the main thread over this boat on this forum. They put it in better words than i can.

If you have other questions i will try to answer it.

Good luck, Bastiaan