Thread: lipos for reciever?

Default lipos for reciever?

What are you using for receiver batteries? Anyone using Lipos for their reciever batteries?

What about these?
    http://rclipos.com/PolyquestLP.htm

JIm
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Hi,

In addition to the question above, is anyone using a battery for the receiver and if so what is the advantages?

I run BJ and SuperVee, both of which are using the existing two 7.4v lipo's that power the motor.

Cheers

because your ESC has BEC you can do that but with the risk of glitching. I run a separate reciever pack
    Billy Graham

Jim,

In risk of sounding silly and dumb, what is BEC ? What does BEC stand for?

I thought BEC was a brand name for a receiver.

Thanks...

B E C = Battery Eliminator Circuit.
    Meaning that because the receiver is powered from the main power batteries a receiver battery is not required.
    A nice idea in theory, but prone to introducing glitching particularly with brushed motors.
    Much better to have a seperate battery for your receiver.
    Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    What are you using for receiver batteries? Anyone using Lipos for their reciever batteries?

What about these?

JIm
    Good morning Jim,

This just my .02 cents... I think it's kind of a wash. The lipos are nice and light and easy to place, but then you need to have a voltage regulator to maintain a constant voltage to the RX and the servos. Just another component to place and now that you have two different items (lipo and regulator); I don't think you save much weight if any... What are your thoughts? I have seen several people using them.

Mike

Personaly I use 6v camera batteries and toss them out at the end of the season but they can be expencive too. I have seen a variety of batteries used. I haven't done this but a few folks have been using 9v batteries for years with no regulator and have never seen a problem. I Don't think there would be any problem with using a 7.4v lipo.

Joe do you just solder the wires on them or have you found a small battery case for the camera batteries

Quote Originally Posted by J Solinger View Post
    Personaly I use 6v camera batteries and toss them out at the end of the season but they can be expencive too. I have seen a variety of batteries used. I haven't done this but a few folks have been using 9v batteries for years with no regulator and have never seen a problem. I Don't think there would be any problem with using a 7.4v lipo.
    Billy Graham

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...2&I=LXSGC1&P=K

this is what I prefer even with low voltage

What about these?

JIm
    I use a 5cell 1200mah nimh pack.

I heard of people using 9v batteries also but I have not tried it,

Joe do you just solder the wires on them or have you found a small battery case for the camera batteries
    I just solder the wires and put some velcro on the back.

I've been using similar little 1000mah 2S lipos for my reciever batteries for about a year now...never a problem.
    I use el cheapo brand for those packs, $15ish at the LHS that sells mostly Heli-stuff.