Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NORTHERN LIGHTS OPEN - July 6 & 7

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Will you guys be imposing heat racing rules that aren't in the book (IMPBA or NAMBA) that only apply to FE?
    Hmmm.

man now I really wanna go to this race!!!! OPEN MONO, HYDRO and CAT!!!!!! I've got beasts for each!!!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Cool, looks like you guys are coming !! I'm sure the rest will follow , come on Terry just come , and beg for mercy later
    Cheers, Jay.

I'm lucky I'll be at the Cup at this point.

edited due to negativity by TSD
    Last edited by T.S.Davis; 06-03-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I'm lucky I'll be at the Cup at this point.

As many times as Howard and I talked about the "special" FE rules I wondered if he would notice my question. Haha. Cost me a class last time out.
    I noticed....

I know you and I don’t exactly have the same opinion on this subject, but every race regardless of power source has the potential of "special rules". Many of these situations are suggested or enforced by the hosting club/CD. I am sure a simple phone call to the hosting could clear up some of the current confusion (frustration) of "special rules". We are in the middle of making great progress with the hobby in as a whole. Don’t beat up on the guys (clubs) that are actually TRYING to make an effort to host events and classes that allow FE, Nitro, and Gas power sources. When it comes to “Open” classes some clubs are stricter than others and some are more lenient than others. A little communication could go a long way in this situation. If you don’t like the outcome of the rules or the conversation don’t go to the event; but don’t spoil it for others. Just because a few don’t approve of the special rules you speak of doesn’t me there isn’t others who are willing to conform, race, and have fun doing it.
    The few times I have participated at a NLMC event, they have been more than gracious and it seems to me they are trying harder than most to have a race that ANYONE can come to and enjoy. They also seem to be reasonable people that are willing to listen and make a decision with EVERYONE’s thoughts in mind…

Later,
    Mike

July 4th weekend. The only reason I can't go. For most it is a family weekend. I have always loved this race. ****BTW my wife teaches special kids with special rules***

i am speshul twoo

Deleted due to negativity by TSD
    Last edited by T.S.Davis; 06-03-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Geez Terry, I'm happy to have you ...... believe it or not I think NLMBC is the most lenient on the continent when it comes to racing mixed fuel classes, may not be perfect but its pretty good. You don't want to sound like that kid who takes his toys and goes home. now leave your gear in the car and drag your ass up here and race on.

Cheers, Jay.

For those of us that don't know the past details to this discussion...can somebody please clarify?

If it pertains to the "Open" classes, then shouldn't it be simply "run what you brung"?? No other rules required????

There, all better.

I'll take Mikes advice and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    For those of us that don't know the past details to this discussion...can somebody please clarify?

If it pertains to the "Open" classes, then shouldn't it be simply "run what you brung"?? No other rules required????
    Yes John ........ it is ''Run What You Brung''
    Randy Rapedius IMPBA #14315 CD
    Founding Member of Northern Lights Model Boat Club. Est 2002
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/167549743410494/

Thanks for the clarification...now its wait and see as to what survives Michigan.

I forsee the Mi open classes being like a battle royal from the old WWF days!!!!!

Way Kool...... won't be long now.

Sorry my new work schedule is much more demanding otherwise I would have re-posted before now.

First of all, I have TONS of respect for Terry. I would consider him a friend even outside of the boating (not sure what he thinks of me though… JK). Terry and the rest of the MMEU group have taught me most of what I know about the FE power source and applying it to boats. With that being said, Terry and I don’t always see eye to eye when it comes to certain situations were opinions can vary. That doesn’t always mean one of us is wrong or both of us are right. In fairness to Terry, I can be a complete pain in the Arss, just ask him. However, I pride myself on being honest with people. Sometimes that honesty can be exhausting and portray the wrong intent (again me being an arss). I NEVER intended to “throw Terry under the bus”.

I was simply trying to offer my opinion and suggesting that a conversation can go a long way with fixing or understanding situations and why decisions are made regarding how races are run or why a CD finds it necessary to mandate rules out side of the IMPBA or NAMBA rule book. It happens all of the time and will continue to happen. We all have something to learn from each other.

I will also say that I don’t think for a minute the majority of fossil burning RC boating hobbyist (regardless of the club) has a vendetta against FE or vice versa. Sure there will always be some rotten eggs, but when and where doesn’t that happen.

I have already wasted too much time typing this out without rustling anymore feathers… I am always available by phone if someone is interesting in talking. I can get more accomplished in 5 min on the phone than I can in 2 pages of typed word on the internet…

Later,
    Mike

Good luck to the NLMBC on this event. It looks like a great site and I have always enjoyed myself at their races. Sorry for mucking up your thread. Feel free to clean up as you find necessary. No worries on my end.

Later
    Mike

Thanks Mike. The classes are filling in nicely, especially the "OPEN" classes.
    We currently have around 60 boats registered with still 5 weeks to go.
    Currently the Open Mono class has 2 nitro, 2 Gas, and 2 FE. Who will get this year's bragging rights? :)

We have some very generous sponsors donating to make our raffle a huge success, nice to see even in these difficult times.

If you get a chance please keep these fine folks in mind:

Novarossi of America (Glen Quarles) http://www.novarossi.us/

Hobby Hobby (Tom Bakonyi) http://hobbyhobby.com/store/

Gizmo Motors (Bruce Lykins) http://www.gizmomotors.com/

CC Racing Engines (Carlo Catalanatto) http://www.cc-racingengines.com/

Mercury Marine Canada (Tom MacNair) http://www.mercurymarine.com/

Prop Works West (Brent Daily) http://www.thepropworkswest.com/

Boca Bearings www.bocabearings.com/

Lawless Drives (Fred Howe) www.lawlessdrives.com/

MHZ - www.mhz-powerboats.com/

Speedmaster www.rossisales.com/index.html

Virginia Craftsman (Dick Tyndall)

Eagletree Systems www.eagletreesystems.com/

Jersey Modeler www.jerseymodeler.com/index.html

Phil Thomas Hydros (Phil Thomas)

Tanks 2U (Walt Barney)

Suicidal Engines (Mike Ross) ballisticratt454@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Terry Keeley; 07-02-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Classes are filling in nicely. 3 weeks away and we are already at 75 boats. We are expecting 125+. It's going to be GOOD.
    Big thanks to Terry Keeley for overhauling the club clock and base. Top notch!

Clock.jpg

Shaping up nicely with 80 boats registered and 2 weeks to go!

Our "Oneida Cup" is awarded to the contestant who scores the most points with two boats, last year it was Dale Brobst with his LSG Mono and Sport Hydro.

Who's it gonna be this year?

Here is a picture of Dale Brobst. Maybe this year it will be a FE racer who wins it.

DSCN0702.JPG

Man I would love to take that back to NY!!! but I'm not gonna make it this year, me and my girls really had a great time up there last year, everyone made my girls feel like rockstars and you guys really ran a great race. Terry was super accomodating and a great guy. It was the first BIG travel race that my girls ever attended and they talk about it all the time,(and the heat!!!) The new venue looks super too!!!! We will be back next year as long as its a little further off from the Mi Cup which will be the FE Nats next year.

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    Man I would love to take that back to NY!!! but I'm not gonna make it this year, me and my girls really had a great time up there last year, everyone made my girls feel like rockstars and you guys really ran a great race. Terry was super accomodating and a great guy. It was the first BIG travel race that my girls ever attended and they talk about it all the time,(and the heat!!!) The new venue looks super too!!!! We will be back next year as long as its a little further off from the Mi Cup which will be the FE Nats next year.
    That's okay Mike. That trophy is MINE this year. :)

Not so fast Randy, I may be one of the few FE guys there but I'll be going for hardware too ! sounds like your full of gas ...lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Not so fast Randy, I may be one of the few FE guys there but I'll be going for hardware too ! sounds like your full of gas ...lmao
    Zzzzzzzzaaaaaap !!!!!! lol

How many FE classes will be running ? you better stay clear with all that noxious gas leaking from your self, we don't want to have any blue angels of epic proportions .... lmao

Hope Randy can save face for us "piston pounders", last year Mike Pags won Open Hydro and Chris Krawczyk Open Mono.
    Last edited by Terry Keeley; 06-26-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Sounds like you guys are in for a real blast! One of the guys (John) from around here will be there as a spectator.
    Eventually might make the trip down the 401 to see you guys run, be a real treat.
    Be nice to put a face to some of the people on here.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Hope Randy can save face for us "piston pounders", last year Mike Pags won Open Hydro and Chris Krawczyk Open Mono.
    That was LAST year Terry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast