Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NORTHERN LIGHTS OPEN - July 6 & 7

Just curious, will there be any SAW running at this event? I have an off-road race in oshawa on Saturday, but I might be able to attend on Sunday. I have an HPR 115 that I'd like to make some passes with and an EKOS I'd like to run in open cat.

Cheers

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire121 View Post
    Just curious, will there be any SAW running at this event? I have an off-road race in oshawa on Saturday, but I might be able to attend on Sunday. I have an HPR 115 that I'd like to make some passes with and an EKOS I'd like to run in open cat.

Cheers

Richard
    No SAW running but come and run in Open Cat, maybe you'll take the inaugural trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire121 View Post

Cheers

Richard
    Of course it's a SAW event just do it 12 times with some turns in between and do it faster then everyone else and you WIN :)

Lol if only it was that easy.

For anyone that tried to get a camping spot and couldn't they've had some cancellations.

Call Janet at 905-525-2187.

Well guys this event is on our door step can't wait to see all that are going.
    let's all have a great time.
    IMPBA D1 Director 2012/2013/2014/2015/2016

Hi Terry, what FE classes will you be running this year ?
    Cheers , Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Hi Terry, what FE classes will you be running this year ?
    Cheers , Jay.
    Looks like just LSO & P mono so far. Any of your FE buds over their "Michigan Cup hangover" yet?

Hi Terry looks like p-mono/LSO/open mono for me. Cheers, Jay.

Good luck this weekend guys. I've got this one marked on the to do list for next year. We'll rally to get the FE numbers up in 2014!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Good luck this weekend guys. I've got this one marked on the to do list for next year. We'll rally to get the FE numbers up in 2014!!
    Thanks, would be great to have you up.

When we requested the date it had to fit in D2 since London was still up in the air, we just didn't think to check for a big NAMBA event around the same time!

Still lots of time to get in if any of you "Amp Heads" wanna come and play in a first rate sandbox. Weather's supposed to be nice too!

Fantastic turn out of NLMBC members today to help set up the race site at Fifty Point Conservation Area in Stoney Creek, Ontario. We are ready to race! Everything is set up and ready to go. This is one of the best race sites I have ever seen. Testing will be allowed Friday noon until 5:00 and racing starts Saturday at 9:00am sharp. You can still register at http://www.rcracingevents.com/ or e-mail Terry Keeley at tkee@rogers.com or just show up and register right at the pond. We will be accepting registration right up until Saturday morning for those last minute racers who want to come and play.
    Randy Rapedius IMPBA #14315 CD
    Founding Member of Northern Lights Model Boat Club. Est 2002
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/167549743410494/

Very proud of our Northern Lights members and all their hard work hosting our 5th NL Open, considering that two months ago we didn't know if we would have a race this is quite an accomplishment.

It looks like we'll have a new home to host our event! The Fifty Point Conservation Area is a beautiful park, the water is the perfect size and very well sheltered. Yes, we had some issues with the ground being saturated from near record rainfall, our planned entry/exit point had a stream running through it. The good part is the park stepped right up and found us another way in and even though we torn up their grass they still want us back. They're already planning improvments for next year.

The campground was very clean and next year tent camping will be allowed for our group. Local hotels and restaurants (including the Landing restuarant on site) were also reported to be top notch.

Looking forward to next year! :)

Some random photos, look for a full article in the September IMPBA Roostertail.

Last edited by Terry Keeley; 07-08-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Last edited by Terry Keeley; 07-08-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Hey Terry glad you guys had a good turnout and the site looks fantastic. Please please please try to plan around our Nats next year and hopefully make your race a few weeks away so me and my family, and the Mi guys can attend, My girls really missed it this year but we were so burnt out from the Mi cup race there was no way we would have been able to make it.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

I've posted ALL the pictures at ...

http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?t=72318
    Randy Rapedius IMPBA #14315 CD
    Founding Member of Northern Lights Model Boat Club. Est 2002
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/167549743410494/

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    Hey Terry glad you guys had a good turnout and the site looks fantastic. Please please please try to plan around our Nats next year and hopefully make your race a few weeks away so me and my family, and the Mi guys can attend, My girls really missed it this year but we were so burnt out from the Mi cup race there was no way we would have been able to make it.
    Thanks for the kind words Pags, yup we missed you FE guys this year but I didn't think to look for a NAMBA event near our date.

Next year we're thinking we might try sometime in August and will definately avoid your FE Nats.

We have a new Novice trophy that Randy's Prop Service donated in the 90's (our Randy) and has been completely restored by our President Jeff Cowey, maybe young Nina can make a run for it next year?

Sorry I missed it but, I was sick as a dog and no IMPBA yet either..., would have been a hoot!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Some video from Cindy Driver, thanks!

Nice vids.

Got any from the electric heats?

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Nice vids.

Got any from the electric heats?
    Thanks, shows how nice the water is, especially when the wind kicks up.

Not sure if anyone got the FE heats, if anything turns up I'll be sure to post it!

Oh, BTW, a Gas Cat won the inaugural Open Cat class and Nitro took both Open Mono and Open Hydro this year so FE's rein on the Open classes is over!

NLMBC member Mark Hoeflich made this great video of our event, thanks Mark!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123