Thread: Motor Rotor.

Default Motor Rotor.

Does anyone know if or where you can get replacement rotors for Leopard motors?
    The two in question are a 4082 1600kv & a 4082 1250kv. Are they the same rotor? Do other brands that are 'supposedly' the same motor fit?
    I can't find any on the web.

Cheers.
    Paul.

If you're referring to tacon motor, I will tell you I had one, and on its fifth run it seized. When I took it apart the armature/rotor had completely shattered. Pieces of it everywhere. Other than that which would you be referring? I would assume a new rotor would probably cost almost as much as a new motor.

If've got a rotor issue with a 4082 2000kv and I'm still waiting almost a year to have a response from Leopard hobbies.I don't think it Worth the Money and time for this repair.In the other hand Neu motors are the ticket for speed and true assistance.Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by grsboats View Post
    If've got a rotor issue with a 4082 2000kv and I'm still waiting almost a year to have a response from Leopard hobbies.I don't think it Worth the Money and time for this repair.In the other hand Neu motors are the ticket for speed and true assistance.Gill
    Well that first statement gives me no hope at all Gill.
    I totally agree with the last statement. After both those leopards failed I put a Nue 1527/1Y in the boat & she was a good little 6s racer.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Heaving Earth.

If you're referring to tacon motor, I will tell you I had one, and on its fifth run it seized. When I took it apart the armature/rotor had completely shattered. Pieces of it everywhere. Other than that which would you be referring? I would assume a new rotor would probably cost almost as much as a new motor.
    Yep.
    Tacon, KD, Ezrun, Suxfly, TFL, Leopard. People say they are clones of each other. I'm sure there are differences but I thought maybe the rotors might be the same. you are probably right about the price though.
    Last edited by 785boats; 05-12-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Just found this. So I've asked them if they can help. Prices don't seem so bad really.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...-Rotors/page/2

Stop worrying - kaboodled rotors make great parking spots for those pesky chuck keys and other assorted workbench bits

DSC04431.JPG
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Does anyone know if or where you can get replacement rotors for Leopard motors?
    The two in question are a 4082 1600kv & a 4082 1250kv. Are they the same rotor? Do other brands that are 'supposedly' the same motor fit?
    I can't find any on the web.

Cheers.
    Paul.
    Don't know where to get any but I know for sure the two motors you describe use the same rotor. Just like Neu motors, a 1515 1D uses the same rotor as a 1515 1Y.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Tony.
    All I can say is..... ingenious

John.
    Thanks for the confirmation.
    A guy at our club had an 8Xl motor waste its rotor & he put one out of a 9Xl motor in it & she runs fine. He calls it his 'eight and a half Xl motor'
    Cheers.
    Paul.